Daikin Comfort Technologies Manufacturing, L.P. is seeking a skilled individual for our VP, Engineering position at our DTTP - Waller, TX location. The Vice President of Engineering manages the activities of the Engineering Leadership team for the development and sustainment of new residential/commercial HVAC designs to internal design standards. Assists with the development and execution of the Companys business strategies and product offerings. Champions Engineering activities related to cost optimization, designing for manufacturability, problematic system diagnosis, and quality sustainment. Determines the structure of the Engineering organization and mentors the members of his/her organization, Continuously seeks out new technology and systems which will add significant value to the organization.. Prepares succession and talent plans for the team. If you meet the qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our open position by visiting our website at http://careers.daikincomfort.com and submit your resume.
Daikin Texas Technology Park- has a footprint of 4.23 million square feet under a single roof, and is the third largest factory in the United States. Opened in 2017 as the manufacturing, logistics, and engineering center for Daikin's American subsidiary Goodman, the plant makes heating and air conditioning products sold under the Goodman,Amana, and Daikin brands.
Why work with us?
> Benefits are effective on day one for all full-time direct hires
> Training programs are available to help guide team members and develop new skills
> Growth Opportunities - there are immense opportunities to grow your career
> You will be part of a Global Company - our family brands are backed by [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noopener">Daikin Industries, Ltd.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of mechanical design theory and practice
- Knowledge of refrigeration/air conditioning design and application & knowledge of specifications and standards used in the HVAC industry
- Advanced knowledge of Continuous Improvement Methodologies, Lean, Six Sigma best practices and applications
- Proficiency with software including MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
- Must have a demonstrated capability of leading an Engineering organization; able to envision, develop, direct, manage, delegate responsibility and authority and drive employee engagement
- Must have the ability to work and solve problems of complex nature where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Must have the ability to exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Must have the ability to demonstrate leadership through openness to diverse views, candor in assessing and articulating difficult positions, and willingness to make changes as necessary
- Effective communication skills; clearly convey and transmit verbal and written information with strong financial and business acumen
- 15+ years of manufacturing engineering experience with product design (HVAC Appliance or Automotive)
- 15+ years of direct leadership experience
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Aerospace Engineering
- MS and/or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Aerospace Engineering (preferred); MBA (preferred)
- Six Sigma Certification strongly preferred
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of a persons race, color, religion (including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities.