2nd Shift Maintenance Technician, 3pm - 11pm Job
Primary location: Newark, Ohio
Employment status: Full-Time
The estimated base hourly range for this role is $23.89 to $30 per hour. Second shift receives an additional $0.40/hr shift differential.
Individual pay is based upon location, skills and expertise, experience and other relevant factors
What does it mean to work at Tectum, Inc., a subsidiary of Armstrong World Industries?
It means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you as a key player in Armstrong's future. We are a large company with a local feel, where you will get to know and collaborate with leadership and your colleagues across the company.
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. Alongside a competitive remuneration package, you will receive:
- A benefits package including: medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, 401k match, long-term disability coverage, vacation and sick time, and many more.
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests.
- A working culture that balances individual achievement with teamwork and collaboration. We draw on each other's strengths and allow for different work styles to build engagement and satisfaction to deliver results.
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. - Tectum Plant
We have a terrific opportunity for a skilled Industrial Maintenance Technician. The Armstrong Ceilings Tectum plant is looking for an Industrial Maintenance Technician to provide electrical and mechanical support to our manufacturing operations.
Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, this position is responsible for effectively maintaining industrial manufacturing equipment in a way that contributes to the continuous improvement of the Tectum plant manufacturing processes and overall performance.
This important role provides shift support and down day support for all electrical/mechanical and technical problems that might arise with equipment, as well as, completing predictive and preventive maintenance work.
- Follow all safe work practices and procedures. Wear all prescribed personal protective equipment. Ensure all proper lockout/tag out procedures are followed.
- Install, remove, maintain, troubleshoot, diagnose and repair a wide variety of mechanical equipment and components related to the facilities and equipment used in the manufacturing process.
- Tear down complex units, determine extent of trouble, repair and/or replace defective or worn parts, reassemble, reset, and adjust proper operation in a timely manner.
- Detect and report faulty material, improper operations and unusual conditions to supervision.
- Operate company vehicles as required.
- Perform preventive and predictive maintenance on equipment.
- Conveyor Systems
- Painting Equipment
- Gas Fired Dryers and Ovens
- Cutting Equipment (Saws)
- Prcess Piping
- Dust Cllection System
- Maintain personal work tools.
- Participate on Lean Manufacturing teams as opportunities arise.
- Perform other duties as required to maintain or improve plant reliability.
- Conduct daily safety risk assessments on routine and non-routine job tasks.
- 3+ years of Mechanical experience in an industrial environment.
- High level experience troubleshooting manufacturing equipment.
- Welding, machining and fabrication skills.
- Demonstrated skill in working with conveyors, mechanical drive systems (gearboxes, sheaves, pulleys, belts, bearings, sprockets and chains), pumps, hydraulics, and pneumatics.
- Ability to perform precision tasks including alignments using lasers, dial indicators, etc.
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds on a regular basis; work in a hot, dusty, non-climate controlled environment with frequent standing, lifting, climbing stairs/ladders, crawling, kneeling, grasping and work at heights.
- Must be able to safely operate mobile equipment.
- Must be able to read and write English in order to understand drawings, instructions and safety procedures.
- Ability to use hand tools.
- Must possess basic computer skills for email and required reports.
- Ability to pass basic mathematics, reading, locating information and technology comprehension assessments.
- Ability at times to work rotating shifts.
- Ability at times to work weekends.
- Self-starter who can function in a semi-autonomous environment.
- Must be able to pass drug screen, background check, and physical after job offer.
- Possess High School Diploma or GED equivalency.
- 5+ years Electrical and Mechanical experience in an industrial environment.
- Effectively use of multimeter as a diagnostic tool.
- Program, troubleshoot and/or modify PLC’s and HMI’s (Allen Bradley)
- Effectively troubleshoot low voltage devices and systems.
- Able to effectively establish communications and troubleshoot Ethernet net communications networks.
- Installation and diagnostics of Variable Frequency Drives (VFD’s).
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and replace process control instrumentation (level, flow and temperature sensors).
Why should you join Tectum, Inc., a subsidiary of Armstrong World Industries?
Armstrong World Industries (AWI) is a leader in the design and manufacture of innovative commercial and residential ceiling, wall and suspension system solutions in the Americas. With approximately $1B in revenue, AWI has about 2,800 employees and a manufacturing network of fifteen facilities in North America.
At home, at work, in healthcare facilities, classrooms, stores, or restaurants, we offer interior solutions that help to enhance comfort, save time, improve building efficiency and overall performance, and create beautiful spaces.
For more than 150 years, we have built our business on trust and integrity. It set us apart then, and it sets us apart now, along with our ability to collaborate with and innovate for the people we're here to serve - our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our employees.
We are committed to developing new and sustainable ceiling solutions, with design and performance possibilities that make a positive difference in spaces where we live, work, learn, heal and play. It's an exciting, rewarding business to be in, and we're committed to continue to grow and prosper for the benefit of all of our stakeholders. We hope you join us.
Our Sustainability Ambition
"Bringing our Purpose to Life" - lead a transformation in the design and building of spaces fit for today and tomorrow.
We are committed to:
- Engaging a diverse, purpose-driven workforce;
- Transforming buildings from structures that shelter into structures that serve and preserve the health and well-being of people and planet;
- Pursuing sustainable, innovative solutions for spaces where we live, work, learn heal and play;
- Being a catalyst for change with all of our stakeholders; and
- Making a positive difference in the environments and communities we impact.
About the location (Newark OH)
Tectum, Inc., a subsidiary of Armstrong World Industries, Inc. (AWI), is one of fifteen Armstrong plants in North America. Our Tectum manufacturing plant employs many people across 2 shifts who are involved in the manufacturing and shipping of our Tectum product. With over 60 years of innovation and experience in reducing noise worldwide, our Tectum plant has the right product for your noise problem.
This position is located in beautiful and historical Newark, Ohio, the county seat of Licking County, 40 miles northeast of Columbus. We also have another location in nearby Hebron. Licking County has lots to offer. We have an abundance of parks including Newark Earthworks, the National Historic Landmark where visitors can explore 2,000-year-old geometric earthworks that served as both cathedral and astronomical observatories for the Hopewell Culture. If you want to stay indoors, The Midland Theatre is a beautiful 1,200-seat theatre offers exciting and affordable family-friendly shows, legendary artists, world-class dance, and intimate stage-door performances.
Tectum Inc., a subsidiary of Armstrong World Industries, is committed to engaging a diverse, purpose-driven workforce. As part of our dedication to diversity, AWI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard for race, sex, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at by email at [Register to View] style="color:blue">AWI talent acquisition and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Come and build your future with us and apply today!