Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Construction & Energy (HCE) focuses on products to support four business segments: Connectors, Grounding & Tooling, Gas Connectors & Accessories, Harsh & Hazardous, and Distribution. With markets in renewable energy, lighting, transportation, data center, telecom, utility, extreme environment, gas and water distribution, power generation and oil & gas, we guarantee that our products set the standards for industry solutions. Our success not only depends on our value proposition, but on the strength, knowledge and expertise of our employees.
GAI-Tronics owned by Hubbell Incorporated, is the world's largest company focused on the communication needs of the world's industrial markets. Founded in 1946, GAI-Tronics' earliest products set the industry standard for durability and reliability. While maintaining our commitment to the principles of quality and customer service, today's GAI-Tronics aggressively applies leading edge technology to solve the world's most challenging communication needs, and is backed by stability, reputation, and financial strength of Hubbell Incorporated, a worldwide leader in electrical and electronic products. Standing behind all those accomplishments are our people. It is this talent that we consider to be our company's greatest asset.
3030 Kutztown Road
Reading, PA 19605
Purchase the required items at a competitive price, meeting quality and delivery standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
Roles & Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Purchase items required for manufacturing:
- Ensure on time deliveries of purchased items;
- Run daily Exception Reports and respond to suggestions;
- Run MRBR Report daily to confirm there are no Accounting issues;
- Seek to cut costs by competitive purchasing techniques (maintain positive PPV savings)
- Ensure items purchased match requirement of purchase order;
- Use experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals;
- Manage ongoing relationships with suppliers;
- Experience with standard concepts, practices, and procedures of purchasing and inventory control. Ensure PO and PIR match when entering data.
Provide vendor sourcing:
- Evaluates and recommends vendors, may include overnight travel;
- Analyze bids;
- Request quotations from qualified vendors;
- Negotiate and complete purchasing agreements;
- Responsible for purchasing and negotiating of materials, equipment and supplies from vendors. Ensure inspection flags are set properly;
- Evaluate vendor quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers based on quality, cost and delivery.
- Identify cost savings opportunities;
- Monitor and oversee cost savings;
- Must be able to make effective decisions (P&L impact) by analyzing information and considering priorities;
- Extend terms with vendors (out to 90 days);
- Maintain "Days on Hand" inventory levels set by corporate;
Effective organizational skills/ability to handle multiple projects at any given time;
Able to work efficiently with minimal guidance or supervision;
Work with other departments to determine suitability of purchased items;
Skills and Experience
- Bachelors' degree (B.A. or B.S.) in business or related field.
- Two or three years of previous experience, preferably in electronics.
- CPM and/or CPIM Professional Certifications preferred.
- Communication Skills: Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Organizational Skills: Ability to handle multiple projects at any given time.
- Computer Skills: Must have strong Microsoft Office, email and other PC application skills. Also ability to build and analyze reports utilizing Microsoft Office and SAP. Familiarity with MRP II required.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelors Degree in Business
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.