Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Commercial & Industrial (HCI) provides solutions for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, commercial and industrial applications along with high-voltage test and measurement solutions. As a leading global manufacturer and supplier in multiple markets, we have quality products that serve the commercial construction, datacom, industrial light, industrial heavy, high voltage, residential and oil & gas markets. HCI has built its success through strong leadership, employee and customer loyalty and an exceptional sales force.
Under direction of the Director of Operations, this position is responsible for ensuring the accurate accounting of inventory, master data, and system tasking. Utilizing inventory control team ensure that warehouse management system is working correctly by maintaining system reports and ensuring standard work is being followed.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop goals and objectives for the material controller/coordinators and clerks that are quantifiable and measurable.
2. Champion and drive continuous improvement through communication and coaching associates to drive efficiency in warehouse functions.
3. Maintain Warehouse Management System (WMS) runs smoothly by maintaining tasking and master data.
4. Develop, measure, and drive inventory control methods that ensure inventory turns, FIFO, and inventory accuracy.
5. Investigate and identify root cause of all inventory adjustments and shipping errors to include driving actions plans to prevent recurrence.
6. Assist with capital projects implementations and support other long term warehousing strategies that support business growth and objectives.
7. Primary contact on any Logistics projects as needed such as “New Product Launches”, continuous improvement (Kaizen) events or service improvement projects.
8. Auditing various warehouse activities including, inbounds receipts, putaway case picking and truck building activities.
9. Performs other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Skills and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Seven (7) years’ experience in a high-volume warehouse; Four (4) years’ experience managing direct reports preferred
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Forklift Certification
- Warehouse Management System (WMS) Experience
- SAP Experience
- Lean Certifications
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.