Caster (2nd shift) - Rocky Mount, NC
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
546 English Road
Rocky Mount, NC 27804
*This climate is not controlled*
1st Shift 5:00 pm - 3:00 am (Mon-Thurs, some weekend work)
$16.50 per hour + $1.50 shift premium
Prepare polymer concrete mixture and pours mixture into molds. Demolds and finishes cured product.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Standing, bending, lifting up to 35lbs and hoist lift up to 50lbs from floor to chest
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Exposure to resin, solvents, fiberglass, noise, and dust
SAFETY EQUIPMENT REQUIRED: Safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves. Hearing protection and/or respiratory equipment may be required.
The list of Duties and Responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employees will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management, as required.
- Pick up supplies and check paperwork at the beginning of the shift.
- Clean, oil, wax and prepare the mold by inserting any required hardware, fiberglass, etc.
- Following written formula, prepare polymer concrete mixture of aggregate, sand, resin, etc. in a five gallon bucket using either a hand mixer or a large batch mixer.
- Attach lifting device to bucket or lift by hand and pour mixture into mold.
- Allow the part to cure. De-mold product either by hand or by use of a hoist.
- Clean any slag from part using grinding stone or rasp.
- Stencil the outside of the part.
- Clean mold, oil, wax, and insert fiberglass in preparation for next part.
- Above procedure is repeated approximately 8 to 30 times per day, depending on part size.
Large box caster must be able to push mold (150-250 lbs) suspended overhead from an I-beam onto conveyor. Push/pull cart (~ 300 lbs) requiring approximately 50 lbs force.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.