Planner - Aiken, SC
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Power Systems
1850 Richland Ave. East
Aiken, South Carolina 29801
Plans and releases production schedules to meet delivery expectations. Schedules and coordinates flow of work through manufacturing processes to meet and exceed production deadlines, maintain proper inventory levels, coordinate cycle counts, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Reviews master production schedule and work orders.
- Maintain SAP Production Planning Parameters that Support Level Loading, and MMF Production Plan. (MMF- Making Materials Flow)
- Establishes priorities for specific customer orders.
- Revises schedule according to work order specifications, established priorities, and availability or capability of workers, parts, material, machines, and equipment.
- Confers with department supervisors to determine progress of work and to provide information on changes in processing methods received from engineering departments.
- Compiles and prepares production reports as required.
- Reviews and releases manufacturing production orders to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders.
- Analyzes production requirements and plant capacity data used to determine human resource requirements.
- Analyzes plans, lot sizes, lead times, and replenishment strategies in order to balance inventory investment, customer service, and productivity.
- Confers with production teams and factory schedulers to set promise dates for new orders.
- Ensures cycle count adjustments are completed in timely manner.
RECOMMENDED EDUCATIONALBACKGROUND AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- BS Degree
- Current or former SAP user / or MRP system
- 3 + years of progressive planning/scheduling experience in a high volume/lean manufacturing environment
- Strong analytical skills with a disciplined approach to planning/scheduling
- Excellent PC skills…SAP, excel and/or access
LEVEL OF DECISION MAKING:
- Acts independently and is responsible for most of the day-to-day planning/scheduling activities.
- Must identify and resolve repetitive and sometimes complex planning/scheduling issues
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.