Power BI Operations Finance Analyst
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
The Operations Analyst will work with various stakeholders across the Hubbell supply chain to develop and deploy end-to-end BI solutions. A successful candidate will combine strong technical skills with business acumen to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate large amounts of information with unparalleled attention to detail and accuracy. The individual will be a natural self-starter with a passion for using data to drive business decisions.
- Responsible for designing, developing, and deploying Business Analytics Dashboards using Microsoft BI technologies including SQL Server, Power BI, Excel, SharePoint etc.
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, analyses, and dashboards to drive key business decisions.
- Design data gathering strategies to aid in dashboard creation using SharePoint, Teams, Excel etc.
- Make recommendations for new metrics, techniques, and strategies to improve business understanding.
- Effectively communicate with key stakeholders at all levels and in all departments of the company to ensure their engagement and support of business improvement activities.
- Perform deep-dives and root cause analysis to answer business questions.
- Keep up to date on market conditions including transportation, commodities, labor etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Supply Chain / Engineering / technical degree desirable)
- 5 to 7+ years of relevant experience in business or industry
- Manufacturing, Warehousing, or Transportation experience or knowledge preferred – negotiable in lieu of more advanced PBI experience
- 2+ years of experience with data analysis and visualization using Power BI
- Advanced DAX, Power Query (M) and excel skills for data extraction and analysis
- Comfortable working with large datasets: merging, appending, pivoting, grouping etc
- Experience creating, maintaining and extracting data from SharePoint lists and libraries
- Experience with an ERP. SAP highly preferred as SAP tables loaded into Azure database will be primary source for Power BI dashboarding
- Excellent communication, project management and relationship building skills
- High motivation and results-oriented work ethic
- Willingness to travel as needed (less than 15%)
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.