The Driver is responsible for safe operation of company trucks for timely delivery of products to customer and company locations. The driver will safely load, unload and transfer products as needed utilizing various equipment and forklifts within the branch location, trucks/trailers and sites. The driver will need to have effective and high quality customer service skills as well as assist the branch/warehouse operations as needed with warehouse duties and front counter duties.
- Safe driving skills; proven abilities to safely operate a flat bed or box truck
- Must meet and pass DOT standards
- Ability to successfully pass forklift training and delivery truck driving tests through our Prove it Pass it training within 30 working days of start date
- Ability to safely operate a forklift as needed
- Ability to safely load/transfer product in/to designated locations in a timely manner without causing damage
- High level of attention to detail and surroundings
- Ability to follow all policies and established practices for branch, driving and warehouse operations.
- Ability to apply good judgement, strong work ethics and integrity on the job.
- Must be compliant and results oriented.
- Be dependable, work well in a team environment, and establish positive working relationships with employees and customers
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Basic Computer skills including data entry to process transactions and generate reports and orders
- Able to multi-task well with the ability to assist in warehouse or front counter or a branch as needed
- Takes direction from lead
- Must be reliable and dependable; and able to work assigned hours and days