Vineyard Equipment Mechanic II - Sonoma Vineyards
Under the general direction, this position is responsible for ensuring proper operation of equipment, which supports vineyard operations through preventative maintenance, emergency repairs, coordination of outside repairs and supporting vineyard sustainability programs.
- All responsibilities of a Mechanic I
- Order parts and materials per discussion and approval of Vineyard Director.
- Participating in 5S activities and documentation in and around the shop.
- Follow good safety practices in the handling of materials and equipment for dismantling, assembling, and installing equipment. Particularly, safe application and procedures in working with/around hazardous materials.
- With immediate supervisor, prioritize work schedule to assure that repairs are done in a timely manner.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years experience in agricultural maintenance
- Basic Computer Skills
- Ability to work safely in shop area including proper handling techniques for hazardous substances as specified in the Hazardous Materials Training Program. Exhibits precise, correct and safe practices when dismantling, assembling, and installing vineyard machinery and implements.
- Ability to read English so as to follow operation manuals, safety documents and signage on the equipment.
- Mechanical and trouble-shooting aptitude required.
- Intermediate knowledge of hand tools, power tools, welding (TIG & MIG), and torch.
- Intermediate knowledge of electrical troubleshooting on motors, circuits, and controllers.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of diesel and gasoline engines, pumps and compressors.
- Must have valid California Driver’s License.
- Ability to work harmoniously with co-workers and perform duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with the company’s value of exhibiting the highest quality standards in all endeavors.
- Working knowledge of Spanish a plus.
- 5+ years experience in agricultural maintenance
- Advanced knowledge of hand tools, power tools, welding (TIG & MIG), and torch.
- Advanced knowledge of electrical troubleshooting on motors, circuits, and controllers.
- Advanced knowledge of diesel and gasoline engines, pumps, and compressors.
- Commercial Drivers License a plus.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Will be exposed to temperature fluctuations, insects, reptiles, equipment noise, dust and at times chemicals and fertilizers.
- Must be able to work weekends, and overtime as required.
- Ability to work continuously in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Ability to stand and walk over rough terrain in a predominantly outdoor environment.
- Requires frequent and repetitive bending.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds; occasionally 100 pounds with assistance.
Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Lifting may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job TypeFull time
Job AreaOperations and Production
The salary range for this role is:$29.20 - $47.60
This is the lowest to highest salary we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, any collective bargaining agreements, and business or organizational needs. We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), and any other benefits to eligible employees.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).