Operator, Vineyard Equipment I
- Inspect equipment daily before operation and responsible for notifying Vineyard Supervisor/Foreman of routine maintenance and repairs needed.
- Operate tractors and tractor implements in order to accomplish various vineyard practices such as disking, moving, spreading, spraying, trimming, etc.
- Operate ATVs, utility vehicle, and light equipment such as weed eaters and backpack sprayers
- Perform light equipment maintenance as directed
- May include field irrigation work such as checking lines, cleaning filters, plugging leaks, replacing emitters, and repairing below ground piping
- May perform specialized duties within the vineyard such as pruning, tying, suckering/shoot thinning, weeding, wire movement, leaf & fruit thinning, hand harvest, vineyard layout and irrigation installation.
- May perform various maintenance tasks such as trellis repair, hoeing, drainage repair, erosion control and irrigation repair
- Responsible for compliance with CBI sustainability policies and practices which are economically viable, socially acceptable and environmentally sound. This is done by supporting programs at each location for conservation, energy efficiency, and recycling, which are critical for our operations to achieve tangible environmental results.
- Must follow safe operating procedures, support safety programs and policies to safeguard personal safety, company property, environmental and team member’s safety.
- Work as a team with co-workers to perform duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with the company’s value of exhibiting the highest quality standards in all endeavors.
- Any other duties as reasonably required.
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks using specified equipment safely and efficiently.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have knowledge of safety requirements when operating and observe all safety protocols pertaining to the equipment and implements being operated.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics (addition and subtraction).
- Willing and able to work overtime, irregular shifts, including graveyard, and long hours, particularly during harvest.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Ability to read and write.
- One-year equipment operator experience
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Works outdoors/indoors
- Works in warm/cold climates
- Works in high places
- Works on wet surfaces
- Is exposed to loud noise, fumes and/or toxic chemicals
- Works near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic
- Must be able to move up to 55lbs
- Primary office environment may be warehouse/distribution setting
- Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Lifting may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job TypeFull time
Job AreaOperations and Production
The salary range for this role is:$16.80 - $24.20
This is the lowest to highest salary we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, any collective bargaining agreements, and business or organizational needs. We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), and any other benefits to eligible employees.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).