Quality Coordinator (M-F 11am-7:30pm)
SUMMARY: The Quality Coordinator operates as part of the Quality Team and works closely with both the Quality Leadership Team as well as the Quality technicians. The person in role will work cross-functionally with all other departments to ensure adherence to Quality standards and values are present in all areas of the factory. The Quality Coordinator position is responsible for driving current and future performance in the areas of Safety, Productivity, Cost, Quality, Delivery and Morale using Covington operating framework.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(NOTE: The duties listed below are normal for this job. Incumbents are cross-trained and may perform any combination of the following duties/responsibilities. These duties are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.)
- Responsible for performing job functions in a manner that promotes a safe work environment, including compliance with confined space, PPE, fall protection, and all other safety policies and practices.
- Active member of the Quality department and supports the team culture of the Covington Plant through participation and leadership
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all GMP and quality requirements.
- Perform product release of all Finished Goods according to FSMA regulations and record information entered on appropriate forms and/or in a computer database.
- Plays an active role in WCM including participation in the creation and documentation of Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions, the creation and maintenance of WCM standards, the writing of One Point Lessons, and participation in Kaizen events.
- Ensure that all aspects of Quality within the area of responsibility are in accordance with local Quality procedures to protect and promote the brand and product
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager in the areas of Quality systems or physically within the Quality Laboratory.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and able to send out reports to site leadership
- Validated in department position(s) and capable of performing those tasks if the need is present
- Escalates to management any major discrepancies
- Has the ability to identify, prioritize and address problems using appropriate tools and techniques that eliminate recurrence
- Responsible for reviewing technical problems and procedural issues of departments and completing investigations following WCM methodology (QEWOs)
- Support the Quality department with accurate data entry and data analysis on key performance indicators.
- Has basic knowledge of all processes and procedures with understanding of flow in department. Fully understands and monitors requirements associated to GMP
- Able to communicate and work effectively with multiple departments and the corresponding leaders.
- Develop new training material as necessary and conduct internal and external departmental training, including but not limited to Annual Quality and New Hire Orientation.
- Responsible for adherence and process improvement of Quality Systems that pertain to the disposition of FG and raw materials, including but not limited to implementation of new materials and trials on the production lines, hold disposition, completion of rework, business waste write offs, DRMRs, and consumer complaint investigations.
- Support the department with successful completion of all internal and external audits.
- Quality leadership experience highly preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associates Degree or higher
- Strong Computer, analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead and motivate a team towards common goals and encourage team development
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OR STANDARDS REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Requires the ability to read and comprehend a variety of simple informational documentation, directions, instructions, methods and procedures, short correspondence and memos. Requires the ability to write simple reports and correspondence with proper format, punctuation, spelling and grammar. Requires the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group setting to team members, customers and other employees of the organization, using correct English and a well-modulated voice.
Requires the ability to add and subtract totals, multiply and divide in all units of measure (English and Metric), using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Must be able to determine percentages and determine time and weight. Must be able to use an electronic calculator.
Requires the ability to inspect items for proper length, width, textures, odor, taste, color and shape.
Requires the ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Must be able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Requires the ability to handle a variety of items, equipment, control knobs, switches, etc. Must have the ability to use one hand for twisting or turning motion while coordinating other hand with different activities. There are occasional requirements to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools and controls and reach with hands and arms. Must have average levels of eye/hand/foot coordination.
Must be physically able to climb on ladders and portable stairways. Must be physically able to use wrenches and other tools in performing minor maintenance functions. Constant standing and/or walking on concrete floors are required. Must be able to use body members to work, move, lift, slide, push or carry heavy objects or materials. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Physical demand requirements are at levels of those for active work.
Must have the ability to talk (expressing and/or exchanging ideas by means of spoken words) and/or hear (perceiving sounds of nature by ear.) Specific visual abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and color vision.
Work is performed throughout the facility. Potential hazards include proximity of moving machinery, chemical exposure, noise, or heavy lifting. The position may require an individual to stand, stoop, move equipment; bend, reach, or lift for prolonged periods of time. PPE includes safety glasses, hearing protection and sanitary footwear.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see[Register to View]
target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Equal Employment Opportunity Postersopens in a new window
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at [Register to View] target="_blank" [Register to View] >opens in a new window. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.