Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Andrews Way, Cuba MO 65453
Duties are generally performed under the direct supervision of the production supervisor. This position includes installing lead wires or terminals and insulation per the production specification sheet.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work independently or with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency
- Assure that all products meet the highest standard of quality
- Follow all safety rules and ISO requirements Adhere to all company rules and policies
- Be able to identify magnet wire imperfections and crossed wires
- Be proficient with hand tools (side cutters, lineman’s pliers, etc…)
- Be able to identify lead wire and terminal types and install them per production specification sheet
- Keep work areas clean and organized
- Ensure that work practices are in the guidelines of OSHA standards
- Must have an understanding of measurements using standard and metric measuring devices
- Must be self motivated
- Have the ability to operate a hoist properly and safely
Skills and Experience
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Read, use, and understand measuring devices
- Have the ability to stand for excessive periods of time
- Be punctual, reliable and have a good work ethic
- Must be able to work well with others and foster teamwork
- Must be motivated and be able to work independently
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.