Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
The Plant Manager for Killark is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of manufacturing plant and the employees. In this role the plant manager, plans and directs all operational activities at the facility in support of corporate and business unit guidelines, policies, procedures and objectives. Works in conjunction with Corporate Business Partners from Finance, Human Resources, Purchasing, Quality, etc. to ensure activities follow the appropriate business standard. Develops and implements business strategies leading to improvements n all areas of the operation. The Plant Manager will also be responsible for overseeing multiple site locations
Duties and Responsibilities
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide safe and healthy conditions for people at the facility and impact the community as an environmental steward.
- Will have responsibility for multiple physical locations within the same geographic area locally as well as direct activities through site leadership located remotely within much smaller facility.
- Implement measures driving the facility to meet or exceed all corporate objectives (shipments, conversion cost, inventory in dollars & DOH, budgets, OTDP, etc.)
- Reports solid-line to the Director of Operations but may receive assignments from other senior corporate team members.
- Ensure all activities meet the appropriate standards including company policies / procedures, governmental regulations, sound financial procedures, industry standards, etc.
- Provide an effective working environment for our people and a sound and regular communication process enabling all members of the facility to become part of the team.
- Work with the Business Partners in other functional areas to manage the facility while meeting the individual objectives for all team members.
- Drive the implementation of the Hubbell Production System (Lean) as a way of life at the facility.
- Develop, implement & monitor forward looking plans to improve the organization in all areas.
- Drive operational improvements to maximize the utilization of our resources and the value of our Capital Investments.
- Review the needs and recommend the appropriate staffing needed to enable the facility to meet its objectives.
- Provide the necessary coordination for all functional areas in the facility to ensure they are maximizing their activities in terms of the facility objectives (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Productivity, Inventory).
- Must be flexible to enable support of the facility across all three shifts.
- Coordinate with Budget setting and develop/monitor appropriate metrics to achieve budget targets as it relates to cost, productivity, capital spending, absorption, and inventory days on hand
- Deliver favorable quality results through management of our quality program within the facility
- Work cross-functionally in a matirx organization collaborating with Corporate Quality, Safety, Finance, HR, Supply Chain and Continuous Improvement groups
- Monitor, report and take action on critical metrics within the plant
Skills and Experience
- Core Competency Requirements:
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop professional PowerPoint presentations and eff ectively articulate the message
- Strong analytical ability and the ability to develop action plans for improvement
- Ability to evaluate an organization and to develop \ monitor improvement plans
- Strong leadership ability across all levels of the facility
- Must understand the business management process and be able to deliver results
- Strong ability to manage multiple priorities across multiple departments
- Must have the ability to lead a team and to build talent in support of the team
Bachelors Degree in Business
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.