Goodman Manufacturing, a member of Daikin Industries is seeking a professional, skilled individual for our Accountant 1 position at our DTTP - Waller, TX location. The Accountant computes and prepares data for journal entries, reviews general ledger and related financial statements. Assists with the preparation of financial statements, ledgers, reports and taxes. Assists with financial reporting. Manages many types of reconciliations, learning the ins and outs of the monthly closing cycle for the company. Complies with policies and procedures. Ensures work aligns with established goals.If you meet the qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our open position by visiting our website at http://careers.daikincomfort.com and submit your resume.
Daikin Texas Technology Park- has a footprint of 4.23 million square feet under a single roof, and is the third largest factory in the United States. Opened in 2017 as the manufacturing, logistics, and engineering center for Daikin's American subsidiary Goodman, the plant makes heating and air conditioning products sold under the Goodman,Amana, and Daikin brands.
Why work with us?
> Benefits are effective on day one for all full-time direct hires
> Training programs are available to help guide team members and develop new skills
> Growth Opportunities - there are immense opportunities to grow your career
> You will be part of a Global Company - our family brands are backed by [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noopener">Daikin Industries, Ltd.
Nature & Scope:
- Has a wide scope as it deals with recording and summarizing transactions when they occur and the necessity of finding out the net result of the same after the expiry of a certain fixed period
- Nature as identified by a process and an art as it performs the specific task of collecting, processing and communicating financial information
- Analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization
- Applies generally accepted accounting principles and proceduresto analyze financial information
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong working knowledge of accounting principles (GAAP) and best practices
- Ability to extract, prepare and analyze data, figures and transcriptions prepared on and generated by computer
- Ability to identify discrepancies and strong problem solving skills
- Advanced Knowledge of Excel
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook and Word
- Ability to work in a fast paced work environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- High level of analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, including prioritization skills
- Ability to establish positive work relationships and effective collaboration skills
- Ability to apply good judgement, strong work ethics & integrity on the job
- Ability to develop working relationships and effectively collaborate with internal and cross functional teams
- 8 plus years of progressive experience in related field, preferably high volume environment
- Experience managing a month end close
- Experience with liabilities, assets, and reconciliation
- Bachelors degree in accounting or related field
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of a persons race, color, religion (including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities.