Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
501 West Apple Street
Freeburg, IL 62243
Will be floating in all positions of welding, grinding, spot welding, and vibrating.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Spot welder cut or join together metal pieces using manual or semi-automatic welding machine
- They also operate grinders and scrapers to prepare metal surfaces for welding operations.
- Inspect machinery and workpieces to ensure that they remain compliant with specifications to reduce any malfunctions and associated loss of production.
- Operate machinery, including polishing and grinding equipment, to grind any metal workpieces to their prescribed specifications to ensure high-quality products.
- Must be able to read and understand blue prints and routings and produce parts from the information obtained from them to the required tolerances.
- Responsible for the quality of the parts produced.
- Follow all safety rules regarding machine operation and proper guarding.
- Responsible for the quality of the parts being produced and perform first piece inspections and subsequent inspections to ensure overall quality.
- Take care of routine maintenance and keep the work area clean and neat.
- Maintain simple reports on productivity, quality and safety.
Skills and Experience
- Poses and able to use inspections equipment to ensure the quality of the parts being produced. Must be equipped with all required tools to perform the functions of their job.
- Physically able to do the work requiring frequent standing, bending and lifting up to 20 lbs. frequently and 40 – 60 lbs. occasionally.
- Sufficient reading and writing ability to follow work order instructions and prepare simple production reports.
- Welders ensure compliance with safety protocols by wearing protective gloves, masks, and boots.
- Sufficient visual acuity (corrected) to read instructions, operate machine and inspect parts.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.