Customer Service Representative, Kanopi (Remote) Job
Primary Location: Remote
Relocation offered: No
Employment status: Full-Time
The estimated base salary range for this role is “$35,000.00 to $45,000.00” per year.
Individual pay is based on location, skills and expertise, experience, and other relevant factors
What does it mean to work at Armstrong?
It means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you as a key player in Armstrong's future. We are a large company with a local feel, where you will get to know and collaborate with leadership and your colleagues across the company.
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. Alongside a competitive remuneration package, you will receive:
A benefits package including medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, 401k match, long-term disability coverage, vacation and sick time, product discount programs and many more.
Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests.
A casual work environment where we have a recognition program for our team, and service awards. You will also be able to make the most of our fitness center and lunchtime cafe.
A working culture that balances individual achievement with teamwork and collaboration. We draw on each other's strengths and allow for different work styles to build engagement and satisfaction to deliver results.
Reporting to the Manager, Customer & Sales Operations, the Kanopi Customer Service Representative is a resource to ensure that our customers have a seamless shopping experience as our eCommerce business grows. Incumbents will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day customer support inquiries including emails and form submissions.
What you'll be doing:
- Responding to, answering, and handling customer inquiries via email, CRM, or phone from the Kanopi Sales Team.
- Entering customer orders, as well as creating and clearing shipments and deliveries for ceilings, grids, and walls
- Overseeing orders from SAP entry until fulfillment through online ordering
- Communicating to Kanopi Sales Team delivery times and order updates as necessary
- Facilitating ceiling, grid, and wall claims, including research required for claims resolution
- If necessary, appropriately escalate to management for approval
- Obtaining information for technical problem resolution related to transportation, logistics, and planning to satisfy our customers
- Communicating and tracking customer feedback to Technical and Marketing Departments to improve the overall customer experience
- Communicating with Distribution Partners about the fulfillment of Kanopi by Armstrong orders
- Working in a team atmosphere and covering other teammates’ workload when they are out of the office
- Exercising strong listening skills and problem-solving skills relative to customer inquiries
- Developing effective written responses
- Demonstrates ability to learn, understand, and transfer knowledge
- Learning SAP and how to find and utilize information within the system
- Following through on customer issues with the Kanopi Sales Team until there is a complete resolution and customer satisfaction
- Utilizing correct internal department resources to solve customer issues
- Exercising decision-making capabilities to resolve customer issues resulting quickly and effectively in customer satisfaction
- Participating in weekly stand-up Kanopi meetings along with Team meetings
What will make you successful:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Proficiency with Windows-based software and Microsoft Office Suite and Hubspot
- Startup mindset – great sense of urgency to drive sales and a top-notch customer experience, taking initiative, identifying creative ways to better serve our customers
- Comfort with new businesses/unknowns - leading new approaches to servicing customers, helping to develop and evolve operational procedures in partnership with the Kanopi team
- Excellent organizational skills with the propensity to multi-task
- Superior verbal and written communication/customer service skills, and a commitment to consistently exceed the customer's expectations
- Ability to work effectively within a team framework but also be able to work independently
- Ability to remain patient, even under pressure
- Self-starter with an excellent work ethic
- Bachelors Degree
- 1+ years of customer service experience, ideally in a call center
- CES/SAP experience
- eCommerce experience
Why should you join Armstrong World Industries?
Armstrong World Industries (AWI) is a leader in the design and manufacture of innovative commercial and residential ceiling, wall and suspension system solutions in the Americas. With approximately $1B in revenue, AWI has about 2,800 employees and a manufacturing network of fifteen facilities in North America.
At home, at work, in healthcare facilities, classrooms, stores, or restaurants, we offer interior solutions that help to enhance comfort, save time, improve building efficiency and overall performance, and create beautiful spaces.
For more than 150 years, we have built our business on trust and integrity. It set us apart then, and it sets us apart now, along with our ability to collaborate with and innovate for the people we're here to serve - our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our employees.
We are committed to developing new and sustainable ceiling solutions, with design and performance possibilities that make a positive difference in spaces where we live, work, learn, heal and play. It's an exciting, rewarding business to be in, and we're committed to continue to grow and prosper for the benefit of all of our stakeholders. We hope you join us.
Our Sustainability Ambition
"Bringing our Purpose to Life" - lead a transformation in the design and building of spaces fit for today and tomorrow.
We are committed to:
- Engaging a diverse, purpose-driven workforce;
- Transforming buildings from structures that shelter into structures that serve and preserve the health and well-being of people and planet;
- Pursuing sustainable, innovative solutions for spaces where we live, work, learn heal and play;
- Being a catalyst for change with all of our stakeholders; and
- Making a positive difference in the environments and communities we impact.
About the location (Lancaster PA)
Lancaster, PA. A great central location in South Central Pennsylvania, Lancaster is ideally situated for easy access to major metropolitan cities such as Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington DC, and New York City. Lancaster offers a vibrant arts and entertainment community with wonderful historic sites, B&Bs, museums, great shopping, entertainment venues and restaurants.
Armstrong is committed to engaging a diverse, purpose-driven workforce. As part of our dedication to diversity, AWI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard for race, sex, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at by email at [Register to View] style="color:blue">AWI talent acquisition and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Come and build your future with us and apply today!