Engineering Lab Technician
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
We are on a journey, with our electric, gas and water utility partners, to supply smart infrastructure solutions to enable automation and control of their distribution networks. Our cloud native solutions are foundation to more resilient, efficient and ultimately modern grid and ensure security, stability and operational efficiency across all three commodities: electric, water and gas. At Aclara Technologies LLC, a division of Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS), we help utilities manage change, seek new approaches, and harness data and new technologies to supply more efficient and reliable services to their customers. As an end-to-end, smart infrastructure solutions (SIS) partner we couple innovative technology with data-driven solutions to predict, plan and respond to system conditions across electric, gas or water distribution networks. We offer a comprehensive suite of solutions comprised of meters and edge devices, advanced metering infrastructure (AMI), cloud native and meter data management solutions. We also offer advanced grid monitoring and grid analytics, asset management and field project management and installation solution, and provision of labor with a single point of accountability to utilities. Our cloud native industrial IoT and predictive analytics solutions give our customers actionable insights with real-time visibility of their distribution networks to optimize operations and engage with their consumers to promote energy efficiency and conservation. Join us on this journey in providing smart infrastructure solutions and helping our customers deal with today’s and tomorrow’s complex challenges. (See more at www.Aclara.com)
130 Main St, Somersworth NH
30 New Hampshire Ave, Pease Tradeport, Portsmouth, NH
The Engineering Technician performs non-routine and complex assignments involving responsibility for planning, conducting and delivering a complete project of relatively limited scope; or a portion of a larger and more diverse project. Products will include electric utility devices, modernizing the electric grid, and enhancing utility systems, acquiring and maintaining equipment and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Designing, developing, and constructing test facilities, devices, or equipment.
- Planning or assists in planning tests to evaluate product performance; determines test requirements, equipment modifications, and test procedures; analyzes and evaluates data.
- Preparing reports on findings and recommendations.
- Reviewing and analyzing a variety of engineering data to determine requirements to meet engineering objectives; may calculate data.
- Preparing/interpreting schematics, layouts, detailed specifications, parts lists, etc.
- Checking and analyzing drawings or equipment to determine adequacy of drawings and design.
- Building and preparing samples for test.
- Requires minimal supervision in performing lab tasks and prioritizing assignments, completing tasks thoroughly and to established schedule.
- Will coordinate portions of overall assignments; reviews, analyzes, and integrates the technical work of others.
- Thorough working knowledge of complex test and troubleshooting equipment and techniques
- Initializes and updates test/information procedures
- Recommends new equipment and upgrades
- Trains others on equipment, procedures, and updates
- Routinely performs a wide range of common tests. Demonstrates the ability to upgrade and maintain proficiencies in new technologies
- Will be proficient in assigned ongoing responsibility for certain areas, equipment, and/or processes required to operate the lab. This would include, insuring readiness, proper operations, in depth knowledge and training others.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Associates Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent military education.
- In lieu of degree, at least two years of pertinent technical education beyond high school diploma.
- 1 year experience using scripting languages and/or machine programming.
- 3 years’ experience working as an Engineering Technician.
- Excellent skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Skilled in the use of common electronics lab test equipment.
- Skilled in the following technologies: Electromechanical & Electronics, Standardization, Test Facilities, Product Software, Equipment software and understanding of other technologies.
- Demonstrates advanced Communication, Responsibility, Ownership and Leadership skills.
- Proficient in Quality Control procedures and practices, industry standards and regulatory compliance.
- Soldering Skills, IPC J-STD-001 certified IPC Application Specialist (CIS)
- Experience in test automation methods and tools
- Ability to lead and motivate teams
- Experience writing application software with tools such as .NET, C/C++, C# Java, Python or VB, SQL
- Experience in Quality management systems such as ISO
- Experience testing products based on embedded microprocessors/firmware
- Experience with networked systems / IoT
- Advanced Excel skills with data manipulation
- Lift Carry 25lbs, push pull 40 lbs.
- Normal 8 hr. shift involves walking standing sitting, stairs, hand/finger dexterity; with occasional Bend, stoop, twist, reach
Responsibility of Equipment or Process:
- Conducts routine Safety Audits and makes minor repairs based on the audits
- Will be responsible for designated work areas and equipment maintenance and calibration
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.