Part-time Machine Operator - Weekend Shift (Fixed Term Contract)
Part-time Machine Operator - Weekend Shift (Fixed Term Contract) – Available Immediately until December 2023 - No experience required
- Weekend shifts (Friday, Saturday & Sunday nights, 6 pm – 6 am shifts)
- Wage: $24.62/hour + shift penalties (30% on Friday/75% on Saturday/50% on Sunday) + super (10.5%)
- Work location: Minto
Who we are?
On any given day, 2.5 billion people globally use Unilever products to feel good, look good and get more out of life. Our products range from 400+ brands which include Lipton, Dove, Lynx, Omo, and Surf alongside innovative, and purpose-led brands like Ben & Jerry’s, Streets, Continental, and many more, giving us a unique place in the lives of people all over the world.
A job at Unilever is a career made by you, with development opportunities, benefits, and a working culture that embraces diversity. We have a proud heritage in Australia since 1919 and a thriving, sustainable business today, so there's never been a better time to join us.
We are looking to hire several Fixed Term Contract - part-time Machine Operators based in our Minto Ice Cream factory on weekend shifts. Fixed shifts of Friday, Saturday & Sunday nights from 6 pm– 6 am. The Fixed Term Contract is until December 2023. Career development into a machine operator is available for the right candidate.
Surrounded by inspiring leaders and supportive peers, you’ll work with purpose in an inclusive and diverse culture, bringing fresh ideas and simply being you! We also make ice cream, what else could you ask for?
- Package ice cream into boxes as they are processed from the production line
- Operate machinery in line with company requirements to assist in the process, delivery, and making of ice cream or ice cream products
- Conduct cleaning across your product line including daily cleaning and weekly deep cleans.
- Maintain machinery to the prescribed standards and levels of cleanliness.
- Ensure the optimal usage of the resources, minimising waste during production
- You are responsible for the safe operation of the equipment focused on quality standards and efficiency.
What are we looking for?
- Individuals who have the right attitude, responsible, supportive, and able to communicate well
- Willingness to work in a rotating roster, and be a team player
- Ability to stand on your feet for the duration of your shift
- Participate in a pre-employment medical including drug & alcohol testing. Streets has a zero tolerance to drugs and does random drug testing
- Have a minimum of 2 COVID vaccinations
- Have full-time working rights to work within Australia
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts
- No experience required
What awaits you at Unilever
The core of Unilever’s culture is captured as Human, Purposeful, and Accountable. You will be joining a dynamic, flexible, and inspiring work environment that truly cares about your well-being, values what you do, and celebrates your success. This is your opportunity to be part of a purpose-led business and a global community where you can progress your career both locally and internationally. You will also benefit from amazing discounts on external company products, attractive employee referral reward program amongst other benefits.
This is a great opportunity to work within an iconic and global organization. We have gained our reputation as one of the world's most admired employers by providing an environment where individuals can achieve their goals, both professionally and personally.
Make no mistake we expect a lot from our people as they do of us. So, if you can rise to the challenge, don't waste any time - apply now!
If you require reasonable adjustments for the application and recruitment process, please advise us at [Register to View] target="_blank" [Register to View] >opens in a new window.
Unilever is an organization committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities.
This means we encourage people with all backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, Māori and Pacific Peoples, and people with disabilities. Interested in learning more, check out our Reconciliation Action Plan and Workplace Adjustment Policy on the Unilever webpage.
At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! We encourage you to advise us at the time of your application if you require any reasonable adjustment so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.