Plating Intern (Summer 2023) - Lincoln, NH
34 Bern Dibner Road
Lincoln, New Hampshire 03251
The Operations Intern position offers a variety of opportunities including supporting the organization in the development and implementation of lean initiatives, 5S principles, and continuous improvement.
Operations Interns will typically support one or more experienced Operations teams in performance of assignments, spend time shadowing actual operations, and have unique assignments that support larger projects as well as the day-to-day operations of the Operations department. Interns may perform and/or participate in additional activities/events which will help them build a strong network within the Hubbell community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Roles and Responsibilities will vary by Hubbell business location, but may include the following:
- Gained knowledge of the industry as it pertains to the Hubbell business location
- Experience in planning and organizational skills
- Review current marketing program activities to make recommendations for changes/improvement opportunities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Detailed roles and responsibilities will be outlined dependent on business Group, location and the project outlined
- Expectations: The intern will be expected to work full-time at 40 hours/week and will be compensated on an hourly basis.
Skills and Experience:
- Student must be enrolled in an accredited university working towards a Bachelor’s in Operations (e.g. Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Operations Management, Engineering Management, or related degree)
- Minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Experience in Microsoft Products (Excel, Word, Teams, Power Point...)
- Understanding of Machining operations
- Willingness to be on the production floor and get your hands dirty
- Preferred experience in CAD and CAM with AutoDesk products (Inventor & AutoCAD)
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.