Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Director of Sales will lead a team to focus on the Data Center markets for PCX (a Hubbell Inc. company). Planning and driving the implementation of sales strategies and programs for leading firms in the data center space are key.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In alignment with Brand Management, develop and implement successful sales strategies, programs and initiatives that achieve our sales plan, operating profit plan, market share objectives, and working capital goals.
- Drive accountability throughout the team focused to retain and grow business with existing customers, penetrate new markets and add new accounts
- Develop and implement business plans, forecasts, competitive analysis and general sales insights and sales efficiency.
- Develop and lead sales plans and budgets.
- Develop, direct and lead a revenue and profit plan for assigned accounts to achieve maximum penetration.
- Provide overall product direction as it relates to the channel.
- Identify product gaps (design, price, quality) and provide general recommendations and direction to improve our market presence.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree is required; an MBA is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of sales experience is required. A minimum of 8 years of sales leadership.
- 5+ year of experience within the Data Center Market, working directly with large owners, developers and engineers preferred
- Experience working for an electrical components manufacturer, electrical/general contractor, or pre-fab/modular construction focused company is preferred.
- Proven ability to influence others as well as lead and empower teams, including a direct sales force.
- A track record of achieving tough demanding goals.
- A high degree of creative intelligence and analytical aptitude.
- A demonstrated ability of problem-solving and priority setting and quality decision-making.
- Possess strong strategic and tactical skills.
- Strong presentation, interpersonal skills and professional image.
- Ability to travel over 50-60%.
Bachelors Degree in Business or Marketing
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.