Warehouse Supervisor Job
Primary location: Macon, Georgia
Relocation offered: No
Employment status: Full-Time
The estimated base salary range for this role is “$63,170 to $94,750” per year.
Individual pay is based on location, skills and expertise, experience, and other relevant factors
What does it mean to work at Armstrong?
It means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you as a key player in Armstrong's future. We are a large company with a local feel, where you will get to know and collaborate with leadership and your colleagues across the company.
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. Alongside a competitive remuneration package, you will receive:
A benefits package including: medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, 401k match, long-term disability coverage, vacation and sick time, and many more.
Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests.
A working culture that balances individual achievement with teamwork and collaboration. We draw on each other's strengths and allow for different work styles to build engagement and satisfaction to deliver results.
We have a terrific career opportunity for a Distribution Center Supervisor who can effectively lead, supervise, and coordinate all Distribution Center activities at the Macon, GA Plant. You will supervise a work team responsible for the timely processing of customer shipments, maintaining inventory integrity, ensuring seamless shift-to-shift transitions, maintaining a safe work environment, developing strong teamwork ethics, maintaining strict adherence to established job performance standards, completing work processes within established budgetary goals, reducing finished stock damage (DC related scrap) and fostering continued process improvement.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in an important role in distribution. You will be managing the flow of tangible, quality building products while enhancing your skills in diverse areas such as lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, troubleshooting, and people management.
Supervisory responsibilities include:
- Leading, managing, hiring, and training crew of Distribution Center employees
- Ensuring distribution center goals are met or exceeded by managing sq ft processed per labor hour, conducting workflow audits, facilitating safety and equipment compliance audits, and ensuring daily rework.
- Promoting and ensuring a safe work environment and environmental compliance
- Preparing daily work schedules and ensuring schedule adherence
- Applying best practices and driving continuous improvement with people and processes
- Effectively managing daily operations while meeting budgetary goals
- Assist with Lean projects
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Three or more years of effective and/or progressive distribution center experience
- Strong management and leadership skills and demonstrated ability to effectively lead and motivate a diverse group of employees
- Excellent working knowledge of safety and environmental practices and regulations, including OSHA compliance
- Strong communication skills
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree (or equivalent) in engineering, business, or related field
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, lean principles, and other process improvement processes
- Previous distribution center experience in a union facility.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Previous experience dealing with common carriers.
- Knowledge of SAP and Dispatcher Warehouse Management Systems (preferably Scale).
- Skilled in using Windows-based PC applications including Lotus Notes, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
About the Location
Our Macon Plant, 1 of 5 Armstrong ceiling plants, employs approximately 380 people working on rotating shifts, 24/7, in the manufacture and shipment of acoustical ceiling tiles to Armstrong's customers. Located approximately 85 miles south of Atlanta, it is the largest ceiling tile factory in the world.
Macon, also known as the "Cherry Blossom Capital of the World", is located in the heart of Georgia and marks a historical crossroads in the south. The city carries with it a rich cultural heritage while creating a strong vision for the future. Macon offers the amenities of a small friendly city with the advantages of a growing community.
If you are looking for a company that values your contributions, rewards great talent, and has a never-ending desire to be the best, then you have come to the right place!
Armstrong, Ideas Become Reality! We invite you to explore the world of Armstrong at: [Register to View] style="color:blue">www.armstrong.com/careers
Armstrong is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Why should you join Armstrong World Industries?
Armstrong World Industries (AWI) is a leader in the design and manufacture of innovative commercial and residential ceiling, wall and suspension system solutions in the Americas. With approximately $1B in revenue, AWI has about 2,800 employees and a manufacturing network of fifteen facilities in North America.
At home, at work, in healthcare facilities, classrooms, stores, or restaurants, we offer interior solutions that help to enhance comfort, save time, improve building efficiency and overall performance, and create beautiful spaces.
For more than 150 years, we have built our business on trust and integrity. It set us apart then, and it sets us apart now, along with our ability to collaborate with and innovate for the people we're here to serve - our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our employees.
We are committed to developing new and sustainable ceiling solutions, with design and performance possibilities that make a positive difference in spaces where we live, work, learn, heal and play. It's an exciting, rewarding business to be in, and we're committed to continue to grow and prosper for the benefit of all of our stakeholders. We hope you join us.
Our Sustainability Ambition
"Bringing our Purpose to Life" - lead a transformation in the design and building of spaces fit for today and tomorrow.
We are committed to:
- Engaging a diverse, purpose-driven workforce;
- Transforming buildings from structures that shelter into structures that serve and preserve the health and well-being of people and planet;
- Pursuing sustainable, innovative solutions for spaces where we live, work, learn heal and play;
- Being a catalyst for change with all of our stakeholders; and
- Making a positive difference in the environments and communities we impact.
About the location (Macon GA)
Our Macon Plant, one of twelve Armstrong plants in North America, employs over 400 people working on rotating shifts, 24/7, in the manufacture and shipment of acoustical ceiling tile to Armstrong's customers. Located approximately 85 miles south of Atlanta, the Macon facility has 33 acres under one roof, or 1.5 million square feet of floor space. It is the largest ceiling tile factory in the world. The operations are complex, automated, use the latest modern management technology, and manufacture a wide range of commercial and residential ceiling products.
Macon, also known as the "Cherry Blossom Capital of the World", is in the heart of Georgia and marks a historical crossroads in the south. The city carries with it a rich cultural heritage while creating a strong vision for the future. Macon offers the amenities of a small friendly city with the advantages of a growing community.
Armstrong is committed to engaging a diverse, purpose-driven workforce. As part of our dedication to diversity, AWI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard for race, sex, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at by email at [Register to View] style="color:blue">AWI talent acquisition and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Come and build your future with us and apply today!