Controls System Engineer
Controls Systems Engineer
Responsible for designing and analyzing Daikin control systems, developing and validating new control software and algorithms. Strong root cause analysis capability. This role must be team oriented and possess a continuous improvement mindset that contributes to the overall success of our development operations vision.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job is located at our DTTP location in person (Waller, TX).
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proven success in developing HVAC controls algorithm
- Strong system knowledge of residential and light commercial HVAC system.
- Strong knowledge of thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, heat transfer.
- Skillful of control algorithm simulation software such as Matlab, Python and C.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in classic control theory and robust feedback such modeling PID controller and its tuning.
- Strong knowledge of time-series data processing
- Familiar of developing data analytics and diagnostics algorithms in AWS Serverless architect.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Must be able to work in a very fast paced environment.
- Be able to work a flexible schedule.
- 3+ years control algorithm development experience
- 3+ years HVAC industry experience
- experience with residential and light commercial thermostat control algorithm development
- experience with developing HVAC defrost algorithm
- experience with residential and light commercial zoning control algorithm
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering is required
- MS degree is preferred