Laboratory Technician Intern
If you have taken a moment to unwind with a bottle of beer, toast with glass of wine, or celebrate with a cocktail, chances are that you have shared that moment with Constellation Brands. We are passionate producers of iconic beer, wine and spirits brands that consumers love. From Corona Extra, to Robert Mondavi Wines, to SVEKDA Vodka, we produce over 100 premium brands with sales in nearly 100 countries, making us the number one multi-category beverage alcohol company in the U.S.
We are looking for a Lab Technician with the desire to participate in hands-on learning in the wine industry during Harvest 2023. Validate compliance to product specifications and adherence to GMP’s through routine and advanced chemical analyses on juices, wines, Spirits, and other Company products. Communicate with and provide feedback to production team members to facilitate process improvement. This position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
This is a temporary assignment, generally between August through November. Schedules are determined on an as needed basis to keep up with grape processing. This may include weekend work, and overtime.
- Learn and follow all laboratory work instructions and safety procedures.
- Standardize equipment as needed and ensure it is working properly.
- Perform accurate routine and advanced chemical and physical analysis on wines, juices, concentrates and other company products.
- Collect samples from tanks and barrels, prepare samples for analysis.
- Prepare reagents and standard solutions.
- Prepare, maintain, and distribute required reports and records.
- Contribute to producing quality products by completing assignments in a safe, efficient and valuable manner.
- Maintain lab cleanliness and a safe, sanitary working environment.
- Compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Ability to work from August through the end of November.
- Ability to work various shifts including weekends and overtime
- Recent graduate or pursuing a degree in Food Science, Chemistry or related field
- Strong knowledge of analytical procedures.
- Strong knowledge of mathematics.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to precisely follow directions.
- Experience in computer applications (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Previous lab experience
- Knowledge of various wine types
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience with MS Teams and Sharepoint
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Working conditions in certain areas of the winery are cold, warm, wet, slippery and noisy. Involves exposure to loud noises, fumes, toxic chemicals, near moving mechanical parts and lift truck traffic. Frequent walking, standing, sitting, stooping, kneeling, crouch or crawl, going up and down stairs and ladders. Must be able to move up to 55 lbs. Must have a valid driver’s license. Occasional travel with ability to work weekends and overtime. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The salary range for this role is:
$19.00 - $27.00 an hour
This is the lowest to highest salary we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, any collective bargaining agreements, and business or organizational needs.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Apply Online:[Register to View]
Job TypeFull time
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).