Quality Manager - Broken Arrow, OK
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
We are hiring a Quality Manager to join our growing team!
Responsible for management oversight and process effectiveness of quality assurance systems with a concentration on ISO 9001 and the Corrective Action System. The Quality Manager will implement policies and procedures that improve quality awareness, controls, and accountability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead all aspects of and champion the Corrective Action system.
- Maintain the corrective/preventive action program, inclusive of tracking status of open actions, receiving and reviewing responses, working with departments for accurate completion and periodic reports and metrics.
- Monitor, evaluate and assign corrective actions to appropriate department heads for completion.
- Verify by auditing the efficiency of corrective actions.
- Report ongoing activities to management and keep the company continuous improvement efforts on track.
- Maintain customer complaint database and review MRA activity.
- Provide quick feedback on customer complaints to sales department.
- Provide monthly reports on problem areas (Pareto, Trend, etc) to senior management.
- Coordinate, maintain, and improve the ISO 9001 program.
- Assume the responsibility of ISO Representative for Continental, coordinate and administer third party quality audits, communication, reports and track follow-up actions.
- Audit existing and new ISO procedures for compliance based on ISO requirements and audit history.
- Verify that procedures are in use, functional and efficient.
- Conduct internal process audits for all departments according to ISO requirements.
- Conduct vendor audits as needed.
- Work with engineering and operations to help improve products and process using DOE, PFMEA, SPC, 6 Sigma tools.
- Develop PPAP process (if applicable).
- Direct workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
- Plan, promote, and coordinate training activities related to product quality and reliability. Manage Quality Inspectors and Quality Specialist to ensure compliance with both company and quality requirements.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsible for employee interviewing, hiring, and training; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in Business, Engineering, or Quality Assurance subject area.
- 3+ years' experience as Quality Manager or Quality Director.
- Demonstrated experience in leading internal company audits and vendor audits.
- Must be proficient in data collection, analysis, and presentation.
- Must be able to implement statistical tools (SPC) for defect reduction.
- Certified by ASQ (American Society for Quality) in any/all of the following: Quality Manager, Quality Auditor, Quality Engineer.
- Experience in plastic injection molding.
- Experience in machining and welding steel.
- Experience in SAP.
- Ability to travel on occasion.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- Frequently is required to stand and walk.
- During customer or field site visits, the employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
- Occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Must have normal/correctable vision.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may work with or near moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the factory work environment is usually loud. Occasional wearing of hearing protectors will be required.
- Employee is required to wear eye protection when on plant floor.
Thank you for your interest in a new career with our company. We look forward to hearing from you! LI-HB1
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.