Meter Installer - Journeyman Electrician
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Burlington, WA, US
Aclara, a Hubbell company, is looking for a full-time Licensed Journeyman Electrician to safely and efficiently replace electric meters on residential and commercial property. This person will be responsible for exchanging commercial polyphase and CT meters as well as all residential metering types. We are looking for utility-experienced, highly motivated individuals willing to perform at high standards of safety, productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction.
What We Offer:
- Paid Training
- Hourly rate of $60.54 plus installation incentives.
- Company vehicle provided.
- Union-supplied benefit eligibility, including medical, dental, and vision.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Check existing meter, install replacement meter, and perform final meter test.
- Accurately collect customer data and document the installations in writing and with handheld device.
- Achieve specified standards of safety and quality of work.
- Meet installation rate as established by the Project Manager.
Skills and Experience
- Valid Journeyman Electrician license in WA state with (3) years of electrical experience.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Must be a current member of or be willing to join local IBEW Electrical Union #77.
- Available to work with variable weekly schedules.
- Willing and able to commute to various job sites within the project, if needed. Some travel throughout the state of Washington may be required to complete this project.
- Ability to use assigned tools properly and work within safety guidelines.
- Knowledge of/ability to work with technology, computers, and various software programs.
- Must be comfortable interacting with customers while upholding Aclara SGS customer standards.
- Previous experience installing or repairing electric, gas, and/or water meters.
- Physical ability to work in an outdoor environment: Walking, climbing and stooping for up to 10 hours per day in all types of weather conditions.
Responsibility of Equipment:
- Uniform shirts and all safety equipment & tools are provided. Employee is responsible for obtaining EH (electrical hazard) steel toed composite work boots by no later than 3 days after hire.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.