Buyer (Indirect Materials) - Leeds, AL
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell's Connectors Manufacturing Plant in Leeds, Alabama is looking for a sharp, ambitious, and dedicated Buyer to manage our indirect material spend.
This is a new position due to growth and an opportunity to make a positive impact across the site!
What You Will Do:
- Spend Management:
- Manage indirect spend (MRO goods, plant services, etc.) for the Leeds, AL (Connectors) site, working with stakeholders in Operations to identify, procure, and manage goods and services.
- Stakeholder Collaboration:
- Work extensively with stakeholders in Operations to understand their requirements and collaborate with them to identify and implement cost-saving opportunities and best practices.
- Lead procurement activities for indirect goods and services, including the development of sourcing strategies, creation of RFQs, supplier selection, and contract negotiation.
- Supplier Relationship Management:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers to ensure high-quality goods and services are delivered at competitive prices.
- Cost Savings:
- Identify and implement cost-saving opportunities for the site, including the negotiation of favorable pricing and terms with suppliers, the implementation of spend management processes, and the utilization of supplier consolidation and standardization.
- Performance Monitoring:
- Monitor supplier performance, track and analyze spend data, and report on cost savings and other relevant metrics to stakeholders in Operations and management.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant policies, procedures, and regulations, and monitor supplier performance to ensure compliance with contracts and agreements.
What You Bring:
- The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong background in procurement, supply chain management, business, or related fields with practical or educational experience managing indirect spend in a manufacturing or industrial setting.
- Strong analytical, negotiation, and relationship-building skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with SAP ERP would be helpful, but not required
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.