Product Manager - Birmingham, AL
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Greater Birmingham, AL (Leeds, AL)
This is a Technical Marketing position with a heavy emphasis on Engineering/Application proficiency. This position will help develop and grow sales associated with the Substation & Transmission Connectors Market.
You will be involved in developing an understanding of customer needs, leading the development of required product (using Sourcing/Engineering resources), developing transmission assembly solutions (Hubbell product packages including drawings), Sales/Customer communications for sales growth and developing advertising collateral needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as a cross functional leader within the company promoting the Hubbell Utility Solutions combined strategy for Transmission and Substation products.
- Develop pricing strategies to grow revenue and profit to meet the Business Unit goals. Work with the Hubbell Pricing team to implement this strategy by setting Market prices and approving prices issued with major projects (significant one-time sales opportunities).
- Design transmission assemblies using Hubbell product that is compliant to the customer provided specifications along with industry standards applicable to the project country location.
- Collaborate with and lead Product Engineers to assist with developing drawings, specifications & exceptions associated with bid packages for quoted transmission projects.
- Define product needs based on sales and market intelligence to expand the Hubbell product line offering to satisfy industry needs.
- Manage product lifecycles via End-Of-Life and pricing and conversion strategies.
- Collaborate with Hubbell Sales Team, Customer Service & Customers for day-to-day business (Problem solving, applications, cross-references, training, bid-packages and similar).
- Support development of product marketing collateral (catalogs, brochures, cross-reference tools, promotional and advertising campaigns, and similar).
- Provide mentorship to supporting product engineering team members.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelors Degree; Engineering discipline preferred
- 3+ years' in Product and/or Applications Engineering
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Microsoft® applications such as Excel, Word, TEAMS, etc.
- SAP experience is desirable but also obtainable at Hubbell
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.