Product Manager (Civil) - Centralia, MO
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Originally founded as A. B. Chance Company in 1907, our campus located in Centralia, MO, was acquired by Hubbell Power Systems, Inc in 1994. There are separate manufacturing plants for our Civil & Construction Products and Lineman Tools & Equipment business units. Additionally, the campus is home to our centralized Distribution Center as well as the Gano Chance Engineering and Test Facility. Centralia’s manufactured product portfolio includes steel forgings, welding, stamping, hot dip galvanizing, epoxy pultrusion and extrusion products. Collectively, the campus includes 1.4M square feet of manufacturing and production space and employs over 700 people.
210 N. Allen Street
Centralia, MO 65240
The Product Manager will work with others in the Marketing team to provide product leadership and management of the Civil Construction product offering. This individual will develop an understanding of the product line and its production; will assist in facilitating the Marketing team’s communication between Operations and Sales; and will assist in the team’s marketing and branding efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Product line maintenance, including creation of new material records, updating of product descriptions, and communicating product forecasts to Production and will require a deep understanding of SAP system.
- Based on understanding of product costs and market dynamics, develop overall pricing strategy for product lines and provide guidance to Sales and Pricing Group for implementation. Will require an understanding of various products’ applications and the applications overlap of these products.
- Assist customer service on product application, customer issues, and customer opportunities.
- Provide product training to Civil customers, Distributors and Sales Representatives for assigned product lines.
- Provide input to/continually update product stocking plan.
- Communicate priority orders to Production based on Sales input.
- Run sales and various other reports in Power BI.
- Assist Sales in the creation of quotes and selection of alternate products when necessary.
- New product development, assisting with voice of customer, technical requirements, pricing, and product application. This will include the specification of features, and development of marketing plans and launch materials.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in technical product marketing/manufacturing/engineering
- Experience in the commercial building equipment market a plus
- Ability to communicate technical applications to both internal and external customers
- Must have strong analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Travel Requirement of up to 5-10%
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Business or other related technical field preferred; equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- PowerPoint, and other “presentation” packages skills
- SAP experience
- Power BI experience
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.