Sr Mfg Engineer - NPX
3030 Kutztown Road
Reading, PA 19605
Define, document, and improve the efficiency and accuracy of manufacturing products. Lead or assist in the successful implementation of new manufacturing Work Centers, equipment, manufacturing techniques and SAP updates. Identifies and drives Continuous Improvement activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing large scale projects requiring actions from multi-departmental resources for successful completion.
- Establish and maintain project plans and schedule.
- Identify sub-tasks, owners of the tasks and their required completion dates.
- Assign tasks to other members of Manufacturing Engineering, and manages activities to be completed in accordance with the project schedule.
- Develops and implements new manufacturing processes.
- Train, develop and mentor engineering staff.
- Supervise / oversee activities of site Manufacturing Engineering Intern.
- Optimize product flow, reduce variation, improve quality and implement cost reductions.
- Manufacturing and cost improvements – identify and implement.
Skills and Experience
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors’s degree in Engineering. Five+ years manufacturing experience, fiber assembly and/or fiber development and/or electronics background are a plus. Strong manufacturing experience maybe considereded in lieu of direct product experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, and ratio’s and proportions to practical situations, SPC.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draws valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.