The Legal Coordinator will perform administrative tasks relating to contracts, projects, and records management, and will also provide administrative support to various members of the Legal Department.
- Support the Contracts Team’s day-to-day workflow by creating, maintaining, inputting, and updating information in the Legal Department’s matter management system and other databases.
- Assist Contracts Team with contracts, including document formatting, editing, generating redline comparisons, routing to stakeholders for review, coordinating signatures (including use of Adobe Sign), drafting correspondence, tracking review/execution status, and following up on documents.
- Manage intake of new contract requests, including confirming receipt of requests and assigned Legal Department resources, and asking preliminary/intake questions.
- Generate reports on contract activity to support day-to-day Contracts Team activity. Develop, monitor, and report on a set of metrics to track Contracts Team SLAs. Analyze data in connection with Contracts Team performance against applicable SLAs.
- Draft, review, and revise certain contracts (NDAs, amendments, and other simple agreements), as directed.
- Provide business clients with applicable contract templates.
- Assist with developing, maintaining and updating standard contract templates and related playbooks.
- Assist with managing the Legal Department’s matter management system, including assisting the site administrator and subject matter experts as needed.
- Coordinate activities for company-wide projects, including Company’s annual Records Clean-Up Day activities.
- Act as an information source on Adobe Sign and Legal Department and Contracts Team policies and procedures, including advising business clients on applicable approvals and signature authority.
- Prepare reference materials, training guides/manuals, presentations, etc.
- Work on other Legal Department projects and initiatives, as directed.
- Handle and process new vendor set ups, PO’s, and invoices from vendors and outside counsel for Contracts Team.
- Sort and distribute mail and prepare overnight courier packages.
- Coordinate travel and itineraries along with processing related expenses.
- Order supplies for Contracts Team and track the Contracts Team’s expenses.
- Schedule meetings and conference calls.
- Provide back-up support for other administrative personnel in the Legal Department.
Core Competencies to be Successful:
- Professional, positive, can-do attitude
- Tech-savvy – adept at using Legal Department’s technology tools
- Exceptional Microsoft Office application skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, including the ability to determine priorities and to timely complete tasks, projects and assignments
- Commitment to quality including high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Exemplary people skills with ability to build productive working relationships
- First-rate organizational and time management skills
- Problem solving skills including the ability to identify issues, obstacles and opportunities and then develop and implement effective solutions
- Mental toughness
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Quick study
- 3 + years of advanced administrative/office support (experience in a legal environment strongly preferred)
- Four-year college degree required
- Extensive Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat experience and skills including advanced knowledge of settings, document editing, shortcuts, Excel formulas
- SharePoint, OneDrive, workflow tool and document management software experience strongly preferred
ADA Physical/Mental/Workplace Requirements:
- Occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs.
- Sitting, working at desk/personal computer for extended periods of time
- Primary work environment is professional corporate office.
LocationVictor, New York
Additional LocationsRochester, New York
Job TypeFull time
Job AreaLegal & Public Affairs
The salary range for this role is:$28.31 - $41.59
This is the lowest to highest salary we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, the prevailing minimum wage for the location, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, any collective bargaining agreements, and business or organizational needs. We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), and any other benefits to eligible employees.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).