Manager II Audit
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
St. Louis, MO
The Audit Manager is responsible for executing and leading financial and operational audits as well as special projects under the direction of the VP, Internal Audit and Enterprise Risk Management. This position can be based in Shelton, CT, St. Louis, MO, or Greenville, SC. The ideal candidate must demonstrate the ability to work effectively with others, including the ability to influence, collaborate, advice, persuade, mediate, and confront difficult issues. High performing individuals will have the opportunity to grow their careers within the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leading financial and operational internal audits, consulting and special projects.
- Conducting planning, fieldwork, and reporting procedures remotely and onsite for US based and international locations.
- Preparing audit reports and work papers in accordance with department guidelines.
- Demonstrating a confident and effective communication style, both written and spoken, that establishes credibility and facilitates clear understanding of audit issues and influences change where appropriate.
- Upgrade their knowledge though regular training events, conferences, and IIA events.
- Identify ways where the audit function can positively impact the business.
- Providing additional help and guidance to the business on a consultancy basis.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Work both independently and in a team environment, shifting between the role of an individual contributor, team player and project manager.
- Display advanced proficiency with Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, including listening, verbal, written, and presentation, with the ability to communicate effectively within various levels of the company including senior level management.
- Demonstrate attention to detail, strong organizational skills, tolerance for uncertainty, and ability to be agile and adaptable.
- Exhibit the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects and resources effectively.
- Display a high standard of ethics and professionalism.
- Travel domestically and internationally (annual about 20%).
- Knowledge of including SAP, Onestream and Teammate+ Audit Software is highly desirable.
- Three or more years’ experience in a financial role, with external or internal audit experience a strong plus.
- Experience auditing in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- CIA, CPA and prior Big 4 experience a plus.
- Other languages (e.g. Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin).
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.