1st Shift Forklift Operator - Chatsworth, CA
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
9140 Lurline Ave Chatsworth, CA 91311
Hubbell Power Systems is seeking Production Forklift Driver at the Chatsworth, CA facility to be part of a growing, dynamic, and diverse team during a time of transition. As part of a recent acquisition, the Chatsworth facility is experiencing exciting change. Forklift Drivers work throughout all areas of the facility operating forklifts in a safe manner to move received raw materials, work-in-process, and finished goods to all manufacturing departments/areas. Starting base pay is $21.25 per hour. For qualifying new hires with the company, you may be eligible to receive a $1000 retention bonus on the 90th day with Hubbell. Benefits begin first of the month following hire date.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow Company safety and break policies, work in a safe manner, follow directions, and wear company issued Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Immediately stop and report any broken, leaking, and/or unsafe forklift related issue to Supervisor.
- Perform daily safety forklift checklist inspections of forklift prior to operating each day for each shift.
- Always wear seatbelts when driving and/or operating forklifts. Note: tampering with and/or bypassing seatbelt safety ignition safety feature is immediate grounds for termination.
- Operate forklifts in a safe manner, including adhering to slow speeds in manufacturing areas keeping forklift cage as low as possible to ground.
- Immediately stop forklift if raw material pallets, bags, resin and/or liquid containers have been breached, punctured, broken, etc., and immediately take action to prevent material from leaking, sweep and clean area. Immediately notify area supervisor and maintenance personnel for help.
- Refuse shipment of any raw material pallets, bags, resin and/or liquid containers have been breached, punctured, broken and vendor/supplier trucks and immediately notify supervisor.
- Maximum Lifting Policy is 50 pounds.
- Ask questions when unsure of work safety.
Skills and Experience
- Experience operating a forklift in a manufacturing environment preferred
- High school diploma preferred but not required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS/ KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITY:
- OSHA Forklift safety training/certification must be current.
- Ability to follow instructions and all safety rules
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with company policies
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, work in a fast paced environment with repetitive motion, clutch, lift, grab, bend, stoop, push, pull with no difficulties, be on feet during work shift, and clearly communicate issues.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the LA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHO).