Daikin Comfort Technologies Manufacturing, L.P. is seeking a skilled individual for our Engineering Manager position at our DTTP - Waller, TX location. The Engineering Manager is responsible for the continuous improvement of design engineering processes, fabrication and assembly, cost reduction initiatives, processing of engineering changes, and introduction of new products. Also provide leadership, guidance and mentoring to junior engineers, technicians and operations support staff. Develops high level strategic project plans, executes capital projects and performs significant activities requiring multi-functional teams.If you meet the qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our open position by visiting our website at http://careers.daikincomfort.com and submit your resume.
Daikin Texas Technology Park- has a footprint of 4.23 million square feet under a single roof, and is the third largest factory in the United States. Opened in 2017 as the manufacturing, logistics, and engineering center for Daikin's American subsidiary Goodman, the plant makes heating and air conditioning products sold under the Goodman,Amana, and Daikin brands.
Why work with us?
> Benefits are effective on day one for all full-time direct hires
> Training programs are available to help guide team members and develop new skills
> Growth Opportunities - there are immense opportunities to grow your career
> You will be part of a Global Company - our family brands are backed by [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noopener">Daikin Industries, Ltd.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of manufacturing engineering theory, processes, and practice.
- Experience with engineering change processes.
- Knowledge of specifications and standards used in the HVAC industry (preferred).
- Strong leadership experience including influencing employees to be a part of continuous improvement.
- Proficiency with software skills including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective project management skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and strong project management PM skills.
- Effective communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with teams & collaboration skills.
- Ability to apply excellent judgement, strong work ethics and integrity on the job.
- Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of refrigerant system design theory and practice.
- Knowledge of commercial controls and their application.
- Knowledge of specifications and standards used in the HVAC industry.
- Ability to apply good judgement, strong work ethics and integrity on the job.
- 12+ years manufacturing engineering experience.
- At least 6 years of experience with HVAC product design 8 + years in a leadership role, minimum of 3 years of managerial experience.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, or Technology Engineering
- Design for Six Sigma certification preferred
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations
- High volume manufacturing environment with forklift traffic. May have higher noise volume in areas hearing protection required.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of a persons race, color, religion (including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities.