Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Northwest - California, Oregon, Washington
Develop and maintain a thorough economic and technological knowledge of Data Center vertical market. Determine what approaches and methods to be utilized in order to profitably create demand & increase sales penetration in this market across Hubbell Business Units. Has responsibility for supporting and growing sales of targeted accounts, customer presentations, demonstrations, achieving standards/specification approvals and helping to develop marketing programs designed to gain market share. Maintain close contact with top customers to ensure alignment in strategy and New Product Development. Responsible for obtaining, maintaining, and communicating Hubbell Products written specifications at Data Center Owners, Engineering Firms, EPC’s, Industrials, Contractors and other end users.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and Analyze specific End Customers Databases, Top Contractors/EPC’s, and participate with sales management in setting sales strategy and goals.
- Ownership role in identifying specification opportunities and working with the sales reps to follow thru to completion of getting on specification, and cross selling opportunities
- Responsible for Maintaining Database for Projects within the Data Center vertical and be project lead for key projects from phase 0-completion, working with the local Field Sales Reps and Territory Managers, ensuring Hubbell’s success in supplying full portfolio of products on the project.
- Perform presentations and engage Hubbell subject matter experts at targeted End Users to ensure Hubbell products are specified.
- Serve as the Hubbell Vertical Market “Expert” and as such make sure Hubbell products are keeping up with industry specific specifications.
- Responsible for working with applicable Business Unit Leaders to help provide Market forecasts.
- Post current Standards on Share Point. Alert Field Sales to changes on Standards.
- Develop new product plans with Product Manager within the applicable vertical market to support successful introduction.
Skills and Experience
Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university (MBA helpful)
At least four to eight years related experience in electrical contractor sales (preferred), Data Center industry, business development or sales/marketing and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Excellent presentation skills
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.