Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Originally founded as A. B. Chance Company in 1907, our campus located in Centralia, MO, was acquired by Hubbell Power Systems, Inc in 1994. There are separate manufacturing plants for our Civil & Construction Products and Lineman Tools & Equipment business units. Additionally, the campus is home to our centralized Distribution Center as well as the Gano Chance Engineering and Test Facility. Centralia’s manufactured product portfolio includes steel forgings, welding, stamping, hot dip galvanizing, epoxy pultrusion and extrusion products. Collectively, the campus includes 1.4M square feet of manufacturing and production space and employs over 700 people.
To support the manufacturing operations, including determining the most cost-effective method of manufacturing components with existing equipment/facilities as well as proposing new methods/equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Trouble-shoot and resolve re-occurring manufacturing process issues.
- Prepare justification documentation for capital expenditures.
- Assist in tool design and manufacturing process development.
- Assist in the development of cost saving measures through the continuous improvement process (Kaizen).
- Supply cost estimates to marketing for new and existing product lines.
- Work closely with product engineering in product changes/new product introductions.
- Provide technical support/training to direct labor employees.
- Cross functional opportunities to Business Unit to include quality, supervision, and scheduling functions.
- Investigate and implement safety and ergonomic changes in the manufacturing setting.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 3-5 years prior experience in Manufacturing Engineering
- Welding knowledge and experience required
- CNC Machine and Plasma Table programming experience highly preferred
- Fixture and tool design experience preferred
- Competent skills in MS Office suite of applications
- Previous SAP Experience preferred
Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.