Production Associate - GC Products LLC Job
Primary location: Lincoln, California
Employment status: Full-Time
The estimated base salary range for this role is S16 to $17/hr. Individual pay is based upon location, skills and expertise, experience and other relevant factors
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. Alongside a competitive remuneration package, you will receive:
A benefits package including: medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, 401k match, long-term disability coverage, vacation and sick time, and many more.
Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests.
A working culture that balances individual achievement with teamwork and collaboration. We draw on each other's strengths and allow for different work styles to build engagement and satisfaction to deliver results.
GC Products LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Armstrong World Industries, Inc., is looking for a production associate to join our manufacturing team located in Lincoln, CA. As an industry leader in creating and manufacturing GFRG and GFRC solutions for architectural projects, we partner with our clients to take architectural concepts from design to completion. Our Production Associates work in a team environment to manufacture cement-based and gypsum-based architectural and non-architectural building elements for the building and construction industry.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform work as per GC Products safety trainings and OSHA requirements
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Work with various cements, gypsums, fiberglass and casting materials
- Work well with all custom production department technicians
- Operate electric mixing drill
- Manufacture glass fiber reinforced gypsum (GFRG) & glass fiber reinforced concrete (GFRC) piece by either hand lay-up or compressed air spray gun.
- Strip finished pieces out of custom molds
- Patch and finish final products prior to shipment
- Able to receive and comprehend direction and instruction from the Custom Production Supervisor
- Able to work under the pressure of time constraints
- Participate in the GC Products manufacturing efficiency program
- Communicate and work well with other departments
- Expected to strive for excellence and support the success and profitability of the company to the best of their ability
- Able to work in stationary positions for long periods of time
- Display professional conduct and adhere to company policies
- Move up to 50 lbs and transport molds from table-to-floor or floor-to-table
- Able to work in cold and hot ambient temperatures
Desired Qualifications include:
- Experience working in a custom architectural products manufacturing plant
- Familiar with electric-powered, air-powered and hand tools. i.e. Saws, Sanders, Nail guns, Screw gun, wrenches, etc.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Office Environment – This position operates in a professional office environment and is not exposed to adverse environmental conditions. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. No PPE is required.
Plant Environment – This position operates in a manufacturing setting and can be subject to cold and hot temperatures; uneven walking surfaces with cords, tools, and other obstacles; intermittent loud noises; and dusty or dirty conditions. Required PPE includes safety glasses, earplugs, steel toe/composite shoes and adherence to all plant safety protocols.
GC Products LLC, a subsidiary of Armstrong World Industries, is committed to engaging a diverse, purpose-driven workforce. As part of our dedication to diversity, GC Products is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard for race, sex, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at by email at [Register to View] style="color:blue">AWI talent acquisition and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Come and build your future with us and apply today!