Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution.
An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
The Manager Design Engineering leads the Insulator Design Engineer team in the implementation of strategic and business planning functions including product strategies, workforce requirements, and expense and capital budget proposals. The Manager Design Engineering is also responsible for organizing and coordinating the tactical execution of engineering initiatives of the design engineering team to design, process, improve, and test components, products, systems, and services.
1850 Richland Avenue East
Aiken, SC 29801
WHY WORK WITH US?
- Industry Global Leader
- Formal Career Development Programs including Education Reimbursement
- Challenging and interesting work
- Fast-pace and high variety
- Onsite Inclusion Groups including WATCH (Women Advancing Their Careers) and MCM (Multicultural Men)
- Competitive Health Benefit Plan & 401K
- Flexibility to work remote Monday & Fridays + Summer Work Hours
- Flexible Vacation
Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively leads engineering initiatives for the design engineering team including across multiple departments (Design, Manufacturing, Quality, Operations, etc.)
- Ensures staffing, training, organization, productivity, capital, expenses etc. align with strategic priorities.
- Provides planning, direction, and coordination for all technical activities while achieving optimum utilization of workers, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Plans, establishes, and prioritizes engineering project schedules to meet expectations.
- Directs department activities to design new products, maintain and improve current products, evaluate and enhance production techniques, and develop test procedures.
- Develops and maintains material selection standards and understands industry and customer standards.
- Analyzes technology trends, human resource needs, and market direction to drive projects and planning.
- Together with support from Sr. Leadership, Production, and Marketing determines engineering feasibility, evaluates cost effectiveness, and facilitates customer acceptance for new and existing products.
- Recommends and implements new policies and procedures related to product design and manufacture.
- Initiates cost reduction proposals and makes recommendations for action while supporting realization of efforts.
- Prepares and controls department budget, forecasts operating costs of department, and directs preparation of budget requests.
- Ensures compliance of company policies, procedures, and objectives regarding processes, initiatives, and projects
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical field
- 5+ years of industry related experience
- Minimum 2 years in a technical leadership role with strong management and leadership skills
- Strong communication skills and proven ability to collaborate with teammates to achieve results
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and leadership skills
- Solid understanding and proven effectiveness of project management methodology
- Ability to develop detailed work plans, schedules and specifications
- Working knowledge of SAP or related ERP software, preferred
- AutoCAD or other 2-D software experience
- Inventor, SolidWorks or other 3-D software experience, preferred
Bachelors Degree in Engineering General
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.