Plant Controller-Johnstown, OH Job
Primary location: Johnstown, Ohio
Relocation offered: No
Employment status: Full-Time
The estimated base salary range for this role is $85,000-$110,000 per year.
Individual pay is based upon location, skills and expertise, experience and other relevant factors
What does it mean to work at Steel Ceilings, a subsidiary of Armstrong World Industries?
It means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you as a key player in Armstrong's future. We are a large company with a local feel, where you will get to know and collaborate with leadership and your colleagues across the company.
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. Alongside a competitive remuneration package, you will receive:
A benefits package including: medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, 401k match, long-term disability coverage, vacation and sick time, and many more.
Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests.
A working culture that balances individual achievement with teamwork and collaboration. We draw on each other's strengths and allow for different work styles to build engagement and satisfaction to deliver results.
The Plant Controller (Finance Manager) is responsible for all finance and accounting aspects of the plant, partnering with the business management team to drive revenue growth, manufacturing performance, and return on investments to meet financial objectives. Key areas of focus for this role include strong leadership skills, ensuring compliance and that internal controls are in place in accordance with Armstrong policies, monthly performance analysis and reporting, budget and forecast development (including cash forecasting), product costing and calculating return on investments for capital and cost reduction projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Partners with the subsidiary sales and operational leadership to drive scalable profitable growth.
- Develops tools to deliver insights into subsidiary profitability cost performance and return on investments.
- Engages in proactive employee development initiatives to enhance the skillset and effectiveness of the finance staff.
- Completes all aspects of the subsidiary month-end closing and reporting process.
- Analyzes results and provides comprehensive insights for variances to various benchmarks including budget, forecast and prior year.
- Proactively identifies and drives process improvement initiatives to increase efficiency of finance function.
- Develops product cost model to enable effective custom project cost quote process.
- Prepares and develops the annual plant budget, including development of projected revenues, standard costs, manufacturing period expense and SG&A expenses.
- Supports the business in generating and quantifying cost savings opportunities.
- Provides financial analysis to business leadership, Internal Audit and external auditors as requested.
- Leads and manages special projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to analyze and forecast revenue, operational costs, and SG&A expenses.
- Proven operational leadership skills in implementing and supporting new ideas.
- Demonstrated ability to link and analyze manufacturing metrics to financial performance.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Capable of working independently and managing multiple priorities.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to share knowledge at appropriate levels of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills including the ability to interact comfortably and respectfully with all levels of plant and corporate personnel.
- Customer focused with strong attention to detail and capable of delivering accurate, quality results in a timely, consistent and professional manner.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
Education and/or Experience
- BS in Accounting or Finance, required. MBA preferred.
- 7+ years of experience and a solid grasp of manufacturing accounting, required.
- Experience with SAP, BW, Hyperion, Epicor, or similar ERP system, preferred.
- 3+ years of experience as a plant controller in a manufacturing environment, preferred.
- Prior supervisory or management experience, preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- CPA a plus
Why should you join Steel Ceilings, a subsidiary of Armstrong World Industries?
Armstrong World Industries (AWI) is a leader in the design and manufacture of innovative commercial and residential ceiling, wall and suspension system solutions in the Americas. With approximately $1B in revenue, AWI has about 2,800 employees and a manufacturing network of fifteen facilities in North America.
At home, at work, in healthcare facilities, classrooms, stores, or restaurants, we offer interior solutions that help to enhance comfort, save time, improve building efficiency and overall performance, and create beautiful spaces.
For more than 150 years, we have built our business on trust and integrity. It set us apart then, and it sets us apart now, along with our ability to collaborate with and innovate for the people we're here to serve - our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our employees.
We are committed to developing new and sustainable ceiling solutions, with design and performance possibilities that make a positive difference in spaces where we live, work, learn, heal and play. It's an exciting, rewarding business to be in, and we're committed to continue to grow and prosper for the benefit of all of our stakeholders. We hope you join us.
Our Sustainability Ambition
"Bringing our Purpose to Life" - lead a transformation in the design and building of spaces fit for today and tomorrow.
We are committed to:
- Engaging a diverse, purpose-driven workforce;
- Transforming buildings from structures that shelter into structures that serve and preserve the health and well-being of people and planet;
- Pursuing sustainable, innovative solutions for spaces where we live, work, learn heal and play;
- Being a catalyst for change with all of our stakeholders; and
- Making a positive difference in the environments and communities we impact.
About the location (Johnstown OH)
Steel Ceilings, Inc., a subsidiary of Armstrong World Industries, Inc. (AWI), is one of fifteen AWI plants in North America. Our Johnstown plant in Central Ohio is located a mere 30 minutes from the capital of Ohio, Columbus, a major metropolitan area. Known for its quaint "small-town America" vibe, its proximity to Columbus, the 15th largest city in the US, provides the best of both worlds. In addition to the numerous golfing opportunities that Johnstown can boast about. There are car cruise-ins, concerts, bike path trails, theatrical performances, street festivals, and antique fairs hosted in the area year-round.
Steel Ceilings, a subsidiary of Armstrong World Industries, is committed to engaging a diverse, purpose-driven workforce. As part of our dedication to diversity, AWI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard for race, sex, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at by email at [Register to View] style="color:blue">AWI talent acquisition and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Come and build your future with us and apply today!