Treasury & Risk Manager Job
Primary Location: Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Relocation offered: No
Employment status: Full-Time
The estimated base salary range for this role is “$111,830.00 to $176,840.00” per year.
Individual pay is based on location, skills and expertise, experience, and other relevant factors
What does it mean to work at Armstrong?
It means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you as a key player in Armstrong's future. We are a large company with a local feel, where you will get to know and collaborate with leadership and your colleagues across the company.
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. Alongside a competitive remuneration package, you will receive:
A benefits package including: medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, 401k match, long-term disability coverage, vacation and sick time, product discount programs and many more.
Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests.
A casual work environment where we have a recognition program for our team, and service awards. You will also be able to make the most of our fitness center and lunchtime cafe.
A working culture that balances individual achievement with teamwork and collaboration. We draw on each other's strengths and allow for different work styles to build engagement and satisfaction to deliver results.
Reporting to the VP, Treasury and Risk Management the Treasury & Risk Manager will contribute to a broad spectrum of key Treasury and Insurance Risk management activities. Primary responsibilities include overseeing the company’s cash management operations and treasury-related financial reporting and leading the process with the company’s insurance broker in designing, negotiating, placing, and managing insurance coverage for those risks the company determines that it will insure. Reporting to the Treasurer, the Treasury & Risk Manager will partner with the Treasurer to create the vision, strategies, and standards for the Treasury Department, and will manage two Treasury Analysts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Insurance Risk Management:
- Manage all aspects of the company’s risk management programs, including Financial and Professional (Directors & Officers, Fiduciary, Cyber, Crime, Employment Practices, Employed Lawyers); Casualty (General Liability, Product Liability, Workers’ Compensation, Umbrella Liability, Auto); Property; and Marine Cargo.
- Oversee and coordinate the insurance budget and forecasting process.
- Identify and evaluate insurable risks and monitor exposures to ensure appropriate coverage.
- Work with key representatives across the company to educate employees to utilize best practices with respect to achieving a healthy and safe work environment. Employ best practice automobile fleet, premises liability, and workers’ compensation policies to minimize the company’s exposure to a significant loss.
- Provide leadership and oversight to the company’s workers’ compensation program. Partner with Legal, Human Resources, Employee Health & Safety, Plant Managers, and the third-party administrator to manage claims efficiently and effectively.
- Determine and evaluate exposure to loss in contracts, leases, and other documents in conjunction with Legal, Procurement, Business Development, and Operations. Recommend and advise strategies to transfer or finance risk through insurance or other risk mitigation.
- Advise management in the development of insurance-related processes, policies, and procedures.
- Direct cash management operations, including daily cash administration, and management of current bank accounts and bank relationships. Monitor and oversee existing bank account services and signatories including bank account administration for opening and closing accounts, and personnel changes.
- Manage daily cash management activity, and Treasury analysis and reporting through the implementation and adherence to cash management best practices and procedures, ensuring efficiency, enhancing internal controls, and minimizing fees. Evaluate, develop, and implement process improvements to optimize Treasury operations.
- Act as administrator for all online bank portals and treasury management system modules.
- Maintain strong bank relationships to ensure appropriate products and services are in place, pricing and fees are appropriate and coordinate all documentation.
- Lead the treasury month-end close process, including reporting cash, short-term and long-term debt balances; interest income and expense; treasury stock activity; and dividend payments.
- Drive global treasury procedures and controls including compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX). Respond to internal and external audit requests. Prepare, review, and maintain SOX compliance within the department, and ensure proper controls exist over cash, disbursements, and general Treasury activities.
- Prepare relevant Treasury footnotes and disclosures for SEC filings.
- Effectively work with and support internal business partners, including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Controllers, Legal, Tax, and Audit.
- Work closely with Treasurer in managing the debt portfolio, capital allocation (i.e., share repurchases and dividends) decisions, strategies and execution, interest rate risk management, and due diligence for acquisitions.
- Act as a “treasury consultant” and subject matter expert to the entire organization, demonstrating financial and treasury expertise and exceptional internal customer support to colleagues across the organization.
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties, complete performance reviews and provide feedback.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Two direct reports (Treasury Analysts)
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Strong understanding of treasury and risk management processes and practices
- Demonstrated leadership and process improvement skills and experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, senior-level management, and outside business partners
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks/deadlines within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in both team and independent environments
Education and/or Experience
- 5+ years of Insurance Risk Management, Treasury, or Finance experience
- 3+ years of management experience preferred
- Position requires fiscal and operational judgment to contribute to the company’s profitability through the effective management and utilization of cash, financial instruments, and insurance coverage to protect the company’s exposures
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Insurance/Risk Management, or a related subject
- Experience working with online banking portals, treasury management systems and software, and Bloomberg
- Experience with SAP is a plus
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Certified Treasury Professional (CTP), Certified Risk Manager (CRM), Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), and/or Associate in Risk Management (ARM) certification is a plus
Physical and Mental Demands: The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: sit for prolonged periods; repetitive motion of hands/wrists/fingers; concentrate and repeat the same physical or mental activities over and over; think analytically and be exact or highly accurate; make decisions such as to identify complex problems, develop options and implement solutions; work in a team; ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADAAA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards; pay attention to and remember details; communicate effectively including active listening to understand points being made, and asking appropriate questions and not interrupting inappropriately; speak to convey information effectively; write to communicate effectively as appropriate for the needs of the audience; read to understand work related documents; move between different physical locations within and between buildings; and push, pull, carry and lift in the normal course of travel.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employee encounters while performing the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions with a standard level of noise common to an office environment including office equipment and co-workers speaking to each other and on phones. Employees are required to wear personal protective equipment when entering the floor of manufacturing facilities based on the specific requirements of each location.
Why should you join Armstrong World Industries?
Armstrong World Industries (AWI) is a leader in the design and manufacture of innovative commercial and residential ceiling, wall and suspension system solutions in the Americas. With approximately $1B in revenue, AWI has about 2,800 employees and a manufacturing network of fifteen facilities in North America.
At home, at work, in healthcare facilities, classrooms, stores, or restaurants, we offer interior solutions that help to enhance comfort, save time, improve building efficiency and overall performance, and create beautiful spaces.
For more than 150 years, we have built our business on trust and integrity. It set us apart then, and it sets us apart now, along with our ability to collaborate with and innovate for the people we're here to serve - our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our employees.
We are committed to developing new and sustainable ceiling solutions, with design and performance possibilities that make a positive difference in spaces where we live, work, learn, heal and play. It's an exciting, rewarding business to be in, and we're committed to continue to grow and prosper for the benefit of all of our stakeholders. We hope you join us.
Our Sustainability Ambition
"Bringing our Purpose to Life" - lead a transformation in the design and building of spaces fit for today and tomorrow.
We are committed to:
- Engaging a diverse, purpose-driven workforce;
- Transforming buildings from structures that shelter into structures that serve and preserve the health and well-being of people and planet;
- Pursuing sustainable, innovative solutions for spaces where we live, work, learn heal and play;
- Being a catalyst for change with all of our stakeholders; and
- Making a positive difference in the environments and communities we impact.
About the location (Lancaster PA)
Lancaster, PA. A great central location in South Central Pennsylvania, Lancaster is ideally situated for easy access to major metropolitan cities such as Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington DC, and New York City. Lancaster offers a vibrant arts and entertainment community with wonderful historic sites, B&Bs, museums, great shopping, entertainment venues and restaurants.
Armstrong is committed to engaging a diverse, purpose-driven workforce. As part of our dedication to diversity, AWI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard for race, sex, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at by email at [Register to View] style="color:blue">AWI talent acquisition and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Come and build your future with us and apply today!