Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Construction & Energy (HCE) focuses on products to support four business segments: Connectors, Grounding & Tooling, Gas Connectors & Accessories, Harsh & Hazardous, and Distribution. With markets in renewable energy, lighting, transportation, data center, telecom, utility, extreme environment, gas and water distribution, power generation and oil & gas, we guarantee that our products set the standards for industry solutions. Our success not only depends on our value proposition, but on the strength, knowledge and expertise of our employees.
The Customer Service Representative will be responsible for all order entry functions and related activities within Hubbell Gas Utility Solutions Inc(HGUS). The responsibility starts with the promptness and accuracy in entering the order and follows through to the successful delivery of the HGUS product to the customer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be extremely accessible to our customers – both internal and external. They are the priority.
- Communication is key! All CSR’s will take and answer both calls and emails as part of their daily duties.
- Work with the Sales team to ensure that they maximize their selling time.
- Send literature and data as directed to customers and potential customers.
- Develop relationships with our customer contacts to further build our partnership.
- Develop and have the ability to handle a wide range of customers and situations. Be someone people can count on for timely and accurate information.
- Understand the flow of an order within the system. Monitor orders to ensure quality service to our customers. Become proficient at entering orders to ensure that the proper territory codes, sales rep codes pricing codes and market segments are entered correctly.
- Manage daily email, telephone, fax inquiries and traffic to insure rapid response to customers.
- You are responsible for your daily activities; prioritize your day based on the needs of your customer base and understand that you are the face of Hubbell Gas Utility Solutions Inc.
- Work with Product Managers and Sales Team to get timely quotes and price file maintenance done within the time requested by the customer or prospect.
Skills and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Proficient on Microsoft Office applications.
High degree of organization, discipline, self- motivation, and evaluation.
- SAP skills & experience
- Proficient use of email (Outlook) both messaging and scheduling
- File correspondence and other records according to the company file plans.
- Must be able to read and comprehend information.
- Effectively present information and work with the department manager, individual salespeople, customers and factory floor/support personnel.
- Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.