Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
We're hiring an Accounting Manager to our winning team!
This senior-level accounting position oversees Aclara’s monthly financial close, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance requirements as well as managing certain company-wide controllership-related activities including salesperson commissions, customer rebates, AMI warranty, and inventory accounting. This hybrid position is based at the HUS headquarters facility in St. Louis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage functional areas of responsibility, specifically the AMI business unit controllership functions, including general accounting, warranty accounting, cost and inventory accounting, capitalization of R&D costs, sales commissions, customer rebates, and intercompany accounting to ensure activities are executed in a timely and accurate manner and in compliance with internal controls and Corporate policy.
- Work with the accounting and finance team to design effective accounting and reporting processes around business transactions with an appropriate focus on internal controls.
- Draft technical accounting memos, accounting position papers, and control documentation to support the company’s accounting conclusions and processes.
- Stay current with emerging accounting guidance that may impact the business, proactively assessing the impact and alternatives, and effectively communicating those findings to the company’s leadership team.
- Liaison with the company’s Hubbell Corporate accounting team on technical accounting matters, presenting findings, assessment and alternatives Finance leadership.
- Perform month-end close routines, including journal entries and account reconciliations, in coordination with the BU controllers.
- Analyze financial transactions for errors or deficiencies, takes action to resolve / correct disconnects, and implements improvements to prevent recurrences.
- Special projects as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Person should have 5-7 years of experience managing Accounting-related activities
- CPA preferred with Masters in Accounting or MBA
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, its principles, and the application of these principles to everyday transactions.
- Ability to effectively identify, diagnose, and communicate the impact of complex business transactions to the company’s leadership team are also key elements of this role.
- Familiarity with Sarbanes-Oxley control and compliance requirements
- Able to work hands on within the various departments of the organization and communicate effectively up the chain of command.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to the rapid business and organizational changes that accompany a high-growth environment.
- Ability to lead a team of 3-4 people
- Proven leadership and management skills.
- Proficient in verbal, written communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly organized with an ability to work well under tight time constraints and simultaneously manage multiple tasks.
Thank you for your interest in a new career with our company. We look forward to hearing from you! #LI-HB1 #LI-Hybrid
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.