Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Construction & Energy (HCE) focuses on products to support four business segments: Connectors, Grounding & Tooling, Gas Connectors & Accessories, Harsh & Hazardous, and Distribution. With markets in renewable energy, lighting, transportation, data center, telecom, utility, extreme environment, gas and water distribution, power generation and oil & gas, we guarantee that our products set the standards for industry solutions. Our success not only depends on our value proposition, but on the strength, knowledge and expertise of our employees.
Connector Manufacturing Company
3501 Symmes Rd.
Hamilton, OH 45015
To program and set up dual spindle lathes with Y-axis and live tooling, vertical machining centers, as well as other CNC mills and lathes. Programming is done using Fusion 360/Inventor Cam, manually, or at the controls on the machines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Programs CNC equipment, primarily HAAS machines, Doosan Horizontal machines and Brothers from 3D models and drawings
- Select the most efficient tooling and method of machining for various metals
- Improve existing programs to increase efficiency
- Setting up CNC lathes and mills
- Training of machine operators to run machines safely and efficiently, training to include tooling changes and simple program modifications
- Convert older Fanuc G code programs
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds
- Perform repetitive tasks
- Possess manual dexterity to put parts or pieces together accurately
- Work alone or in a team environment
- Regular good attendance is an essential function of the job
- Ability to stand, sit, stoop or bend, reach above shoulders up to 25% of time
Skills and Experience
Experience – Individual must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience programming CNC machining centers. Individual must have experience in operation and setup of CNC machining centers. Must be proficient in the use of AutoCad and/or CadCam
Education - High school diploma or GED preferred. Must be able to perform basic reading and writing functions.
- Basic reading skills
- Basic math skills
- Must be able to speak and understand English
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to use basic hand tools
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve problems
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and/or measuring devices
- Must have experience with dual spindle lathes with live tooling
- Experience with Haas control required
- Experience with Fanuc controls preferred
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.