Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Training Development Supervisor’s responsibilities include communicating with managers to identify training needs and mapping out development plans for teams and individuals. Training Supervisors are responsible for managing, designing, developing, coordinating, and conducting all training programs. They participate in meetings with the Plant Manager and Department Managers to determine current skill needs or company training for employees. Training Development Supervisors continue working on training manuals, researching beneficial training programs, and reviewing employee performance data to determine the progress of past training initiatives. Their work will assist with various functions assigned by the Human Resources Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Plan, create and coordinate and conduct training schedules for all company departments, track and create reports on outcomes of all training and maintain training records for the company.
• Track new hires on company policies and procedures and use the best training methods for a specific purpose or audience.
• Gather and evaluate information from employees and management on previous training to identify weaknesses and areas that need additional training.
• Recruit and train new Trainers, delegate training tasks to the new Trainers and evaluate performance.
• Inform employees on scheduled training and track their progress.
• Recommend training materials and methods, order and maintain in-house training equipment and facilities and manage the budget set for training.
• Design and develop interactive training programs (outsourced or in-house) for corporate, HR training, compliance training, etc.
• Select the best training methods or activities for a particular purpose and audience (e.g. reviewing mentoring, on the job training, professional development classes, etc.).
• Responsible for partnering with EHS to ensure that all Safety Training Requirements are met and tracking completion to achieve 100% compliance.
• Create database/matrix to capture all employees’ current capabilities, training completion, skills assessment, etc...
• Work with all plants in the BU to standardize documents, training materials, approach, metrics, etc...
• Report to plant/senior management monthly on progress, deficiencies, current and future needs.
Skills and Experience
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Word, & Outlook)
• Clear, energetic, and engaging presentation with strong communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems quickly
• Comfortable with challenging the status quo
• Ability to work with a team or independently and be a self-starter
• Possesses strong communication skills, written and verbal
• Innovative and seeking newest technologies to further the program
Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications and will be discussed during the interview process. The salary range for this role is $80,000-$95,000 per hour/year. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Bachelors Degree in Organization Development or Business
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the LA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHO).