Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
The Accounts Payable (“AP”) Operations Manager (“Ops Mgr”) leads the internal and external teams responsible for supporting the global Invoice-to-Pay (“ITP”) daily operations and processes. The AP Ops Mgr responsibilities are two-fold: smoothly managing the day to day AP processes (both direct US-based staff as well as the offshore third party team responsible for processing AP) to deliver timely and accurate payment of vendor invoices, as well as supporting the One Hubbell Finance (“OHF”) Global Process Owner related to transformational and tactical AP projects improving performance for the AP function, or improved working capital for Hubbell.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Function as a primary Subject Matter Expert for all aspects of Hubbell’s AP processes and as primary liaison between AP, 3rd parties, and internal stakeholders.
- Serve as the primary escalation and resolution point for all AP-related issues and concerns, proactively troubleshooting and ensuring prompt and complete resolution, and developing and implementing solutions to address, mitigate, or prevent recurring issues and risks.
- Lead a team of Hubbell AP personnel, additional temporary resources, and third-party offshore AP team, to achieve reliable and stable processes with excellent stakeholder service, continuously monitoring and improving on service levels and productivity.
- Support transformation projects related to process redesign, RPA, or BI, under the guidance and methodologies of the OHF transformation leaders and AP GPO, from design through implementation and training.
- Specific daily processing responsibilities include the following:
- Review and approve all vendor master data administration forms in accordance with Hubbell policy.
- Review and monitor daily banking emails and resolve issues related to that process.
- Support management of supplier portal process including resolving issues or inquiries related to the process.
- Support Hubbell’s organizational initiatives related to DPO and Cashflow as needed including adherence to policy and procedure while minimizing impacts to daily production.
- Comply with all audit requirements, internal control, and SOX standards for supporting and maintaining AP processes, including providing support to annual testing and resolution of audit findings. Ensure that all process documentation is followed by both Hubbell and third-party team members, and continuously review desk procedures to ensure documentation is complete. Coach, develop, and mentor team members to build and continuously improve capacity and capability of the organization.
- Ensure confidentiality, data privacy, and data security requirements are met at all times.
- Evaluate and monitor metrics of AP performance to review efficiency and effectiveness of the AP processes.
- Participate as needed in the timely and accurate integration of AP for all newly acquired businesses.
Skills and Experience
- 5 or more years as part of a large ($1B+) accounts payable organization,
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting related field preferred; or, equivalent combination of work experience and education.
- Expertise and experience with SAP Accounts Payable required.
- Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) at an advanced level.
- Ability to build and lead a team with diverse skills, interests, and abilities to foster productive workplace relationships and a unified team environment, inclusive of third-party business partners.
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritize and multitask; must be able to balance competing priorities and assist team members in setting priorities.
- Flawless attention to detail and exceptional verbal, and written communication skills.
- Able to manage workplace relationships with various stakeholders; Proactive in resolving issues with employees, businesses and other departments. Experience working on cross- functional and cross-departmental teams to achieve common goals.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.