Senior Process Engineer (Wadsworth, OH)
This position will be expected to provide solutions to Materials and Process Engineering related initiatives that are required to support the Metal Oxide Varistor (MOV) manufacturing facility. This engineer will work closely with the entire MOV team to maintain and improve the Quality, Cost, and Delivery metrics for the MOV product lines.
A Day In The Life
- Perform all duties while maintaining proper industrial safety and chemical hygiene standards.
- Execute Process Engineering activities to support and improve MOV manufacturing, including ceramic material preparation, ceramic sintering operations, coating and finishing operations, high voltage electrical testing, packaging, labeling, and data analysis.
- Work with internal and external resources to research, develop, specify and implement a cost-effective means to improve the homogenization of the power being supplied to the existing powder compaction presses.
- Against a growing demand for our MOV block production, evaluate new process alternatives to our current processes to advise support for adding capacity similar to existing or alternative process technology that could offer one piece flow capabilities and improved material handling to reduce the processing cost for future block production.
- Work closely with MOV Manufacturing department to assure that ceramic sintering and annealing operations are performed at proper profiles and to assure profile transitions are carried out to assure MOV quality is maintained.
- Assure equipment is maintained and repaired in a manner that assures reliable, repeatable manufacturing results.
- Develop, justify, construct, and execute Authorizations for Expenditure (AFE) for equipment as upgrades and replacements become necessary or in support of capacity growth.
What will help you thrive in this role?
- 5 years Process Engineering experience.
- Bachelors' degree in ceramic or chemical engineering is preferred.
- Solid process engineering capabilities to drive out variation and project management capabilities to implement equipment/process improvements.
- Knowledge and skills should include: Ceramic powder compaction, dispersion and spray drying, ceramic debinding and sintering operations, spray coating operations, and ceramic abrasive grinding.
- Knowledge of operation and troubleshooting/basic repair of laboratory and production instrumentation; understanding of fundamentals of electrical network theory, mathematics, physics, and chemistry.
- Familiarity with many types of ceramic processing and electrical testing/measurement.
- Familiarity with standard dimensional measuring equipment and knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles.
- A high degree of knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is required, and familiarity with a factory MRP system such as SAP is desired
Building Relationships and Networks
Communicating and Influencing
Initiative and Drive
Innovation and Change
Leveraging Learning and Feedback
Planning, Organizing, and Decision Making
Positive Approach and Stress Tolerance
Hubbell creates critical infrastructure solutions that power our customers, communities, people and the planet. Our company is strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure. Founded in 1888 our innovation has made us a leading global manufacturer of high quality electrical and utility solutions enabling customers to operate critical infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
The company operates in two segments. Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. Our vertical market solutions can be applied to markets including Data Centers, Renewables, Commercial Buildings, Industrial, Telecom and Transportation. Supporting both of our business segments is our corporate and Hubbell Unified Business Solutions teams that provide consistent process, tools technologies across our businesses.
We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers. Our employees proudly work and serve our communities from our headquarters in Shelton, CT, across the United States and around the globe.
Hubbell Utility Solutions
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications. HUS provides the critical components that allow the grid to reliably transmit and distribute energy, as well as the communications and controls technologies to make the grid smarter and more flexible.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.