Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
This is an engineering role responsible for leading all aspects of all engineering functions for a given product line within the Hubbell Power Systems electric utility and communications connectors business unit and working with the product management team to grow the Distribution Connector sales and profitability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Product line maintenance (cost reductions, drawing updates, engineering change requests, testing and communicating with various departments including operations, manufacturing engineering, sourcing, new product development & quality departments)
- Product line deviations (design, test & document product deviations needed for specific customer demands)
- Prepare 3D CAD models, draft of parts and assemblies utilizing AutoCAD inventor.
- Optimize designs for production using DFA & DFM principles.
- Perform and review FEA (structural & thermal analysis) on parts and assemblies.
- Review Customer specifications for requested projects, design a solution & provide costing to Product Line Manager for pricing efforts.
- Fabricate, assemble and test prototypes to verify performance to design criteria.
- Develop and review design concepts, drawings, bill of materials and assembly processes.
- Participate in brainstorming activities lead by NPD.
- Perform quality audits as needed.
- Perform or assist lab technicians with mechanical and/or electrical testing needs to qualify or validate product performance.
- Collaborate with Product Line Manager to understand industry needs and define product line extensions necessaryto gain greater market share.
- Assist Product Line Manager in supporting customers with application needs/questions and may include customer training of proper product application/installation.
- Lead up new product projects involving assigned product lines, by designing, testing and launching these products to the market.
- Lead up training presentations, which include hands on demonstrations and provide plan tour to customers as needed.
- Support quality department in solving customer complaints
Skills and Experience
- 1-3 years of experience designing or maintaining parts and assemblies for production.
- Proficiency with Autodesk inventor & vault
- Proficiency in designing parts for casting processes
- Proficiency in FEA analysis
- Ability to work in team environment
- Fluent in English both written and spoken; Spanish a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft office; SAP a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and leadership skills
- Strong ability to prioritize and work under pressure
- Solid understanding of project management methodology
- Ability to travel up to 10% both domestic and internationally
- Ability to work on a personal computer or other related equipment as required
Bachelors Degree in Engineering General or Mechanical Engineering
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.