As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
We are hiring 2 Class B Mechanic at our Atlanta, GA facility on 2nd and 3rd shift. We are looking to continue building a high-performance maintenance team. Our Maintenance Mechanic/Electrician Technician salary is based on skills, knowledge and experience. The hourly rate for an B Class mechanic is $27.97 with a shift differential of $0.44 for 2nd shift and $0.54 for 3rd shift.
- Perform a variety of maintenance tasks to diagnose, repair, rebuild, and replace mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and steam systems on all plant manufacturing and support equipment.
- Work as part of a team in a manufacturing operation with a goal of increasing productivity; decreasing downtime and waste.
- Follow all company safety rules and lock-out tag-out procedures.
- Proper general maintenance and troubleshooting practices.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, tables, charts, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to read equipment instruction manuals; align equipment to specified tolerances; machine and fitting shop knowledge.
- Troubleshooting and repair of mechanical and/or electrical equipment experience including pumps, gearboxes, fans and agitators.
- Knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Must have good interpersonal skills, excellent planning and organizing skills, ability to work independently, and a high degree of self-motivation.
- Must be willing to pursue ongoing technical training to enhance capabilities.
- Be passionate about maintaining a safe work environment.
- Ability to work any shift, overtime, and weekends as needed.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Must be able to progress to A level mechanic within 36 months.
- Willingness and ability to work any shift when required.
- 2 to 5 years of practical application experience in mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, steam and pneumatic maintenance functions.
- Basic computer skills for diagnostic equipment.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting PLCs.
- 2+ years of experience in successfully troubleshooting and repairing industrial machinery and/or technical degree in related field.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, particularly within the corrugated or packaging industry.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to work safely in a fast pace environment.
- Must be able to acquire and/or retain a multi-craft skill set. The candidate must be able to acquire the skills of both mechanic and electrician.
- Willingness and ability to share ideas with others to solve problems of essential importance.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with coworkers.
- Ability to work alone and in a team environment.
- Ability to learn quickly and with attention to detail.
- Willingness and ability to work in manufacturing environment with varying temperatures.
- Must be capable of recognizing sounds of moving equipment and machinery for safety purposes and identifying machine issues.
- Willingness to work with constant noise at a level requiring the use of hearing protection.
PCA provides a competitive benefits package including but not limited to:
- Paid vacation and 11 paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401k and Gainshare
- Stipends for safety shoes & glasses
- Technicians supply their own basic hand tools. PCA provides a tool stipend (or replacement) to help technicians maintain basic hand tools. PCA provides all special and heavy tools.
- PCA provides training hours to help technicians advance through the progressive skill levels and achieve higher pay.
All qualified applicants must apply at [Register to View]
to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $27.97