PIPEFITTER -WALLULA, WA (MILL)
As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
Hourly Pay Rate $37.74
We are currently seeking resumes for Journeyman Pipefitter (2-opening) at our Wallula, WA Pulp and Paper facility.
The Journeyman Pipefitter position is a mechanical craft position within our maintenance department with an hourly pay rate of $37.74 with opportunities to increase your pay. All maintenance pipefitters work a Monday through Friday 8-hour day work schedule.
Provides troubleshooting and repair of mechanical equipment in technical support of the PCA Wallula Pulp and Paper Mill operation.
- Journeyman level experience.
Journeyman must be competent with working knowledge of:
- Shop math including arithmetic of right angles, areas, volumes, pipe bends, pipe offset, and blueprint reading.
- Hand and power tools associated with pipefitting.
- Industrial rigging and Safety.
- Materials associated with Pipefitting including gaskets, packing, metals and plastics.
- Pipe layout and fabrication, hangers, mitered joints, and offsets.
- Process system valve maintenance and adjustment.
- Hydraulic and pneumatic cylinders and control valve maintenance and adjustment.
- All forms of piping, i.e., flanged, screwed, welded, bell & spigot, fire system, tubing, and hoses.
- Steam joints, siphons, and traps.
- Oxygen-Acetylene torch.
- Welding to include arc welding, rod selection, TIG, brazing, and silver solder. Must be able to certify on 6G tests for carbon and stainless steel.
- Must have own complete set of tools.
- All candidates will be required to pass the company's standardized aptitude test for final consideration.
- This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.
- Minimum of three years of maintenance-related experience.
- Must have good interpersonal skills, good planning and organizing skills, and a high degree of self-motivation.
- Must have a good safety record, attendance record and good overall work record.
- Must be able to acquire and/or retain a multi-craft skill set. The candidate must be able to acquire the skills of both Journeyman Pipefitter and Millwright.
- Candidates that have worked in a heavy industrial environment.
The successful candidate must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationship with coworkers
- Ability to work alone and in a team environment
- Ability to work safely in a labor intensive environment
- Ability to learn quickly and with attention to detail
- Ability to acquire and retain a multi -craft skill set. Must be able to acquire the skills of both Journeyman Pipefitter and Millwright.
PCA offers a competitive compensation & benefits package.
All qualified applicants must apply at [Register to View]
to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
- Pay Type Hourly