Machine Operator - Corrugated Box Manufacturing
As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
Our Liverpool, NY facility makes corrugated board and prints and produces corrugated boxes for various industries. This plant operates various Flexo Folder/Gluers, Die Cutters, and a Corrugator.
This is an entry level position with the ability to bid to higher paying positions upon completion of the probationary period.
- Perform a variety of manufacturing tasks using production equipment to ensure steady workflow.
- Perform minor equipment adjustments and ensure quality checks are performed before, during and upon completion.
- Be able to stack boxes, clean areas of the facility, or perform other general helper duties.
- High school graduate or GED
- Be passionate about maintaining a safe work environment
- Able to pass pre-employment drug test & background check
- Must be willing to work second or third shift
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Experience in a packaging or other manufacturing environment is a plus with an understanding that temperatures and volumes of work may vary
- Prior experience with performing quality inspections and documentation
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Understands basic safety concepts such as PPE and hazard awareness
- Must be willing to work closely on a day-to-day basis with other production personnel.
- Ability to share ideas with others to solve problems of essential importance.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Work with a sense of urgency to reduce downtime of machines.
- Self-motivated and driven to complete the assigned task with minimal supervision
PCA provides a competitive comprehensive benefits package.
All qualified applicants must apply at [Register to View]
to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Wednesday, September 14, 2022