Technician, Installation and Service - Residential Services
Job SummaryWho we are • Great Places to Work has named Comcast NBCUniversal one of its ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ • For the sixth time, Comcast is named a Top Company in the U.S. by LinkedIn • Comcast is named a top 20 company on DiversityInc’s ‘Top 50’ List • Comcast Cable has be rated as a 5 Star Employer in the 2023 VETS Indexes Employer Awards. The award is a testament to our company’s strong commitment to hiring, retaining, developing, and supporting U.S. military veterans and their families. At Comcast, we are innovators and leaders—inventing groundbreaking technology, crafting outstanding entertainment experiences for millions every day, and taking extraordinary care of our customers. We are the largest 1Gig network in America and the diverse talents of our people have propelled us to be a Fortune 40 industry leader. Our teammates go above and beyond to make sure our customers are satisfied and can’t envision going anywhere else. We take pride in our work, products, services, and dedication to the community. We are always open to new insights to improve our efficiency, drive strong results, and deliver a great experience for employees and customers alike. You will be responsible for demonstrating interest and curiosity in acquiring the skills and knowledge necessary to provide the best customer experience, relating to broadband installation and troubleshooting activities. This role functions as a trainee position with a growing degree of proficiency and a decreasing level of supervision over time, with regard to the skills and tasks which you will receive through training and supervisor instruction. You will be required to complete written and field assessments, meeting/exceeding employee standards where you will receive supervisor approval that will decide your advancement to the next level. Continued employment is contingent upon achieving required training, certifications and safety requirements.
- Performs installations and changes of service, while adhering to: applicable codes, requirements, guidelines, company procedures and safe work practices to provide an outstanding customer experience.
- Updates customer account to ensure an accurate record of products and services is acquired to ensure that customer has a positive experience throughout the ongoing customer relationship.
- Through the use of good judgement and decision making, troubleshoots and problem solves customer inquiries and concerns to ensure products and services are working correctly to drive a positive customer experience.
- Communicates, engages and provides customer with education on products and services.
- Persists and finishes projects despite obstacles with little supervision, take extra steps to prevent mistakes or build opportunities to further engage customer with our products and services and improve the ever-evolving customer relationship.
- Displays active listening skills, perceive emotional awareness in difficult situations and empathize with customers to improve an overall positive experience.
- Uses installation tools and hand tools and perform jobs from high places (on poles and roofs), including climbing poles with the permitted equipment (safety belt, strap, climbers), ladders and bucket trucks (18 to 26feet).
- Manipulates connectors, fasteners, wire and uses hand tools.
- Pre-wires single dwelling units and multiple dwelling units (MDUs) for ready hook-up capabilities at the time of occupancy. Works in crawl spaces, attics and permit required confined spaces.
- Works within manufacturers rated weight capacity for all equipment, including but not limited to ladders and aerial lifts.
- Drives company vehicle in performance of duties in a safe and responsible manner with appropriate state licensing requirements while working and traveling in inclement weather. Maintains proper equipment in order to be prepared to perform required duties.
- Vision ability: close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus and able to manipulate objects such as pens, keyboard and mouse.
- Lifts and carries loads up to 70lbs.
- Normal work shift may include weekends; may include 10 hour days for 4 days a week and available to work overtime including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Works in areas with exposure to moderate noise level, dogs or other animals, construction areas, or the public in general.
- Training will be provided in areas of safety, company specific training, installations and other areas as needed.
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance. Availability to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Lead the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - proactive learners, users and advocates of our innovative technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new insights!
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth!
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
Perks and Benefits:
- “We can’t provide the best customer experience without providing the best EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE.”
- Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect us to the support we need when it matters most and should help us be there for those who matter most.
- We offer Day-One benefits, some of which include: Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, Comcast XFINITY courtesy services, Discount tickets to our Universal Resorts, Paid Parental leave, Tuition reimbursement of up to $8,000, Paid Time Off, and a 401K Savings Plan – with up to 6% dollar-to-dollar matching.
- And much more
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
High School Diploma / GED
Relevant Work Experience
Base Pay: $17.50
The application window is 30 days from the date job is posted, unless the number of applicants requires it to close sooner or later.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.